1,632 results
All reviews great location a lake view room tss earnslaw in town per day excellent hotel breakfast buffet hotel is located two double beds restaurants and shops new zealand steamers free wifi lake wakatipu stayed here for nights spectacular views south island
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for a work conference and it was awesome! The views were incredible right over the lake. We used the conference facilities and there were great too with good natural light and AV equipment. The coffee was endless and the food was good too. Especially the breakfast and lunch in the restaurant. There's lots of
space here to have breakout groups and the location couldn't be better. Service was friendly and rooms were large and very clean. Highly recommend staying here!

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
NZIHG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2015

Dear Mckje885,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

It's great to hear you enjoyed the conference and the amazing facilities we have. I agree, the natural light really makes a difference and I know the Conference & Banqueting Teams will be happy to hear you enjoyed the coffee and meals.

Thank you for recommending us and hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2015

We travel to Queenstown every year. This is our first and last time at the Crowne Plaza. Luke warm showers, no taps working in the ladies bathroom at reception, boots and peoples belongings sitting in the hallways for days, empty shampoo and conditioner bottles left to collect in bathroom with no replacement some days, mixed up skis, poor food in restaurant, no new towels (despite leaving them in the bath) the only hotel I've ever stayed in to have a power board to accommodate the lights and Panasonic home handset phone. Terrible experience but a glorious view (which Crowne Plaza don't supply).

• Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2015

Dear rockrider888,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns with our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our housekeeping service and with our bathroom amenities. Your comments are taken into account and rest assured that these will be considered for our improvement. I do hope that we will get another opportunity to serve you again.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

I booked a room here last minute when my flight was cancelled, and I was pleasantly surprised with the fantastic service and attention to details they provided here. I had a King Room with a courtyard view. I partial lake and snow topped mountains from there which was lovely. The bed and pillows were comfortable and room was well equipped. We are a beautiful breakfast in their restaurant the next morning before checking out. The location was perfect for all that Queenstown has to offer, everything within walking distance if you don't want the hassle of renting a car.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Decima B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is wonderful to know that you appreciated our staff and that you enjoyed the room and the beds. Also great to hear you had the opportunity to try the buffet breakfast.

I will be sharing your comments with the team.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed for 4night and 5days.. the place was so convenient u can find everything if u want ex. restaurant malls the Skyline Gondola was 5mins walk and Minus5 Ice Bar just opposite to the hotel. My view from our balcony was a breathtaking view amazing and it was so relaxing. The staffs were so nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone who will visit Queenstown.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NZIHG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Dear Fayeq8,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

It sounds like you really made the most of our location and great to hear you enjoyed the views from you room. I have passed your lovely comments onto the team.

Thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

If you are making the trip to Queenstown for Skiing you won't be disappointed. I will provide a review latter on the skiing.

Crown Plaza is a lovely place to stay. Views of the lake and mountains, and very central to the town.

The Hotel is very comfortable without being lavish. Staff are friendly, service is good. Free WiFi if you sign up to their rewards program was no issue at all.

The biggest surprise was how good the restaurant was. Breakfast buffet had a terrific variety of tastes, and dinner was terrific.

The only complaint was after a day of skiing and you want to take a hot shower, the hot water during peak times 6.00pm - 7.30pm would go luke warm.

Also note there is no pool or hot spa.

Besides that you will enjoy your stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear AndrewLise,

Thank you for your great feedback. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed not only our central location but the beautiful views from your room as well. I will happily pass these great comments onto the team and in particular the Food & Beverage and Kitchen teams.

I do apologise for the hot water issues you had during your stay. We have rectified the issue and we would love to get another opportunity to serve you again in the future.