1,401 results
All reviewsdouble treewater taxiwarm cookieskawarau villageclose to the airportsliding doorwakatipu grillstacks publake viewfree shuttlesmall kitchenettebathroom floorseparate bedroomshuttle serviceminute driveunderground parkingliving area
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We had an overnight stay here recently (26th Feb '12) and thought it was fantastic.
The room was beautiful (it also had a lovely small kitchenette), very quiet and the staff very friendly. It's such good value for money too. I would most definately recommend it!

Room Tip: We chose a "basic" room and it had a view of the lake and kitchenette - it was really lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Marlene P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Dear kristinasydney2

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Kawarau Hotel. I was so pleased you enjoyed yourselves and happy to hear you will recommend our hotel.

If your travels bring you back to Queenstown, I would very much like to welcome you back to stay at the Kawarau Hotel.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Nice view from the lake view rooms. Shame the very small balcony is filled up with the air con unit so don't expect to sit and have a wine on this balcony! If you what to do that then stay at the Hilton in one of there lake view rooms (for a lot more$$$'s) The room is small but well layed out with everything you might need for a couple of nights stay. The Bar and Grill are both worth a visit too. The water taxi is a great and cheap way to get to town. Nice hotel and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher up the better and ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Marlene P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear New Zealand Hugz

It is always nice to hear guests say they would stay with us again.

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Kawarau Hotel. I was pleased to see you visited the Wakatipu Grill and used the water taxi.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next visiting Queenstown.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I took advantage of some great rates to stay one night. It's a beautiful new hotel, the room was well appointed. For some reason they have designed the level of the bathroom floor below the lounge area causing me to stumble a couple of times. I had an early flight out in the morning so the location worked well for me this time

• Stayed: February 2012
Marlene P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Dear IRFitz

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay at the Kawarau Hotel.
I was pleased to see everything worked well for you. I understand your comments regarding the step in the bathroom. This was a health and safety requirements at the time of construction, however we are currently looking at adding some signage to avoid any stumbles for guests.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This hotel is really good value for money, yes it is a little out of Queenstown but there is the free shuttle bus and A $15 return water taxi which is really good, we had a lake view room which was really lovely it's just a shame that the small balcony you have is filled with the air con unit. I would disagree with a few of the other reviewers in that I thought the room was very spacious. You also get to use the wine bar and restaurant in the hilton, the only thing you can't use is the swimming pool but givin that if you stay in the Hilton you will be paying about 3 times more I can understand this, we ate in both the noodle bar and the bar and the food/drink and service were all great.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear PammyO

It was great to see you enjoyed your stay at the Kawarau Hotel and thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to see you were able to make use of many of the facilities within the village.
Thank you again for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kawarau should your travels bring you back to Queenstown.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This place is wonderful and a soothing compliment to bustling Queenstown. The property is situated at a great location with fantastic views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables (even though it was summer). So you can enjoy your whole day in Queenstown and the surrounding areas and come back to a relaxed evening at one of their restaurants or take a walk along the lake.

The rooms are a bit on the smaller side but the amenities are good. The bed is really comfortable. The shower over bath is a bit tricky and can get slippery, but the last I heard from them, they are taking steps to rectify that.

The staff live up to the brand name. Whether it is the housekeeping staff or the reception or staff at the restaurants, the experience is pleasant and you can see a genuine warmth in their response. Jessica the lady at their activity booking area is the pick. She was really helpful in literally making our week long itinerary once we reached there. The staff at the Stacks Pub were great. One fine day we felt like having a couple of their pizzas but were not that hungry to have two pizzas. I was really surpised that they made a Half and Half Pizza that gave us a taste of both and we didnt have to order two. Checkin and checkout were smooth. Inspite of being vegetarian we never felt out of place at any of their restaurants.

Finally the water taxi...It is a good way to reaching Queenstown... Was scared on one of the days when it started raining with heavy winds...so had an adventure ride back (safe though :-)).

Overall a great place to stay and eat. Will stay again if we visit Queenstown.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed equally good. In winter it might be good to pick one with the view of the remarkables.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Ganapathylyer

Thank you for such a detailed positive review of your recent stay at the Kawarau Hotel in Queenstown.
I was so pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves and were able to experience the many attractions in the village.
Yes you are correct in that we are taking steps to rectify the shower/bath layout.
Thank you again for sharing your comments and I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel when you are next visiting Queenstown.

Warm regards