“Peaceful half day paddle”
Review of Queenstown Sea Kayaks - CLOSED

Queenstown Sea Kayaks
More attraction details
Owner description: YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE VIEW FROM QUEENSTOWN SEA KAYAKS! Queenstown Sea Kayaks is the first Queenstown based Guided Sea Kayak operation. Kayaking is a great way to enjoy our awesome scenery and environment.Safety is our top priority. That’s why our kayaks are equipped with all required safety features and are very stable craft to cope with the changing lake conditions.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Peaceful half day paddle”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Had a lovely time paddling around in a very small group with pleasing scenery. My only (minor) complaint would be that they took some pictures which we could only view if we "liked" their facebook page, and as I disable that function for security reasons I was slightly vexed.

Visited March 2011
KayakBen, Manager at Queenstown Sea Kayaks, responded to this review, 15 January 2012
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to access your kayaking photo's. I will personally send them to you via email now. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Belfast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great guide, great trip”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We both found the sea kayaking wonderful. It was kept at our pace, the guide (Ben) helped us understand how to get the best out of it but enjoy it and his manor was easy and very enjoyable . It was very peaceful and relaxing and the three hours flew. Thanks!!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank NITraveler
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great trip in a beautiful area”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

As an antidote to the more hectic activities around Queenstown, this can't be beaten.

The day we went, the wind was too strong for kayaking on Lake Wakatipu, so Ben took us up to Moke Lake. This was an excellent decision, as Moke Lake is set in a beautiful location and was wonderfully quiet.

The equipment was well set up and Ben was a knowledgeable, friendly and helpful guide.

We spent a happy morning kayaking around the lake, enjoying watching the local birdlife, the fantastic scenery and listening to Ben's interesting information - as well as getting some useful exercise in.

This activity was an excellent choice for the morning and I would thoroughly recommend it.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Simon B
Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WOW”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

As I was visiting so early in the season, Ben gave me a private tour. Instead of 3 hours of hard work turned into the most fun I've had "exercising".
The views were breathtaking, the company fantastic and even the fruit cookies were devoured!
I highly recommend taking a kayak to slowly discover a whole new side to Queenstown.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank CanadianBea
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to experience Lake Wakatipu”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect but thoroughly enjoyed every minute! We went kayaking out at 12 mile delta on Lake Wakatipu on a gorgeous summer day in Queenstown. Our friendly guide, Ben, told us lots of cool stories about the history and geography of the lake and helped us take some great pictures as well. Everything was provided for; all I had to bring was myself and my sunnies! It's good value and you get to see up close how beautiful Lake Wakatipu is!

Many thanks to the team at Queenstown Sea Kayaks for a great day out! :)

Visited December 2011