“Another yummy lunch”
Review of The Grille

The Grille
Ranked #7 of 117 Restaurants in Invercargill
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

when we want to eat out for breakfast or lunch this is one of our top locations.The pancakes are the best in town by far the salads are delicious and if you enjoy a sweet tooth this is the place for you.

1  Thank Jack66177

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Really, this place is awesome. Awesome food, awesome leaf tea, awesome service, awesome ambience. The only reason I can't bring myself to give it 5 stars is it is just such an expensive dining choice in a city where restaurants are generally relatively inexpensive. $26 for a full breakfast is not cheap, especially if you are planning on visiting the attached (and also awesome) Transport Museum. If you can work it into your budget, however, you won't regret a meal at the Grille.

1  Thank MushNZ
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I had the opportunity to come for lunch here today, as I was catching up with an old friend. What an awesome place!

I love the decor of the cafe, the staff were very friendly and the food was very tasty.

It's a shame that I live in the North Island, otherwise I'd be coming here quite often!

1  Thank LisanneB73
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The Grille recently opened up for evening meals with a different menu to the daytime meals. The menu had 6 starters, 6 light meals and 6 main courses, there was also a desserts board. We shared a fondue starter (haven't had one in ages wonderful), I had the beef wellington (terrific) and my wife had a succulent steak. The dessert menu included a chocolate fondue which we were too full to try but looked wonderful. quite a good wine selection at comparable prices to other local restaurants. A unique setting being within the Bill Richardson Transport World.

2  Thank StuartBonVivant
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Fruit, passionfruit curd and muesli was just perfect. We sat in the cool little retro kitchen and enjoyed a nicely done chai latte also.
Great place for breakfast.

1  Thank Knappstars