“Absolutely delish”

Price range: US$5 - US$23
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Kids away for Easter weekend and we thought dinner out would be great - and so it was. Warm welcome at door. Knowledgeable and friendly waiter. Absolutely delicious meal - every item had its own taste and texture and built towards the whole. We shared the deep fried Camembert for starter then he had the venison and I had the lamb. So many good flavours in each dish e.g. The crisp warm and tasty sugar snap peas with my lamb were a delight. Now sitting savouring the after glow while awaiting dessert - 'burnt cream' for me and sticky pudding for him - see photo - I need say no more! Yum.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Extremely friendly staff and very good meal. Even got a small taster from the chef for free cos I was a Nigel no mates eating alone.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We dined here for our wedding anniversary. The meal and service was superb. The staff were friendly and attentive without being overt. We had the lamb and the salmon and both were cooked to perfection. We finished with the flambe crepes which were delicious. Would highly recommend .

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Couple weeks ago, traveling in NZ, me and my family finished a long day having a late dinner at Cook'n' with Gas. Nice place in Christchurch, and everything was very, very good. Salmon, pork, lamb was perfectly cooked and I tryed three different glasses of wines. Very profesional atention by the waiter/maitre and very good prices. A good memory that we brought to Argentina!

1  Thank Ale C
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Have been to this restaurant a few times, and the food has always been fine. This was our first time midweek and although the service was fine, the food was below par - Everyone's vegetables were undercooked, and with very little flavour. The Lamb was cooked nicely, the Duck was overcooked and a little dry, the potato rosti not cooked enough, and was soggy, even the chips were slighty underdone. Maybe a learner chef through the week - certainly won't be going back.

corker9, Owner at Cook'n' With Gas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you Linda W, for taking the time to write your review, Yes it is obvious that we dropped the ball on this occasion, Believe me when I say "The kitchen is gutted" As it was one of our senior chefs on the Entremetier (Vegetable section) that evening.
He takes these things very seriously, and is very upset by this," as he should be", we all are.
Our our front of house team remembers your group, a party of 5 for a (Birthday celebration for your son) last Tuesday I believe?
Yes, your partner did mention on paying that you found some of the vegetables under cooked. Nothing about the Duck being dry though ? However we had lost you by then, so again, we are sorry for this, as it should have been sorted out there and then.
We should have offered you a discount on your meals immediately , as it was not to your liking, this is our policy. We do understand you didn't want to make a fuss at the time, choosing rather to go to social media, which is indeed your right as a consumer.
We respect your decision not to return, how ever you have been here many times before, And so, we would like to offer you a voucher to use in the future , as you see fit. You can contact me directly.
Bruce Griffiths
03 3779166
or e mail me info@cooknwithgas.co.nz