“Meal spoilt by overcooked pork”
Review of Aroy Thai

Aroy Thai
Ranked #209 of 1,055 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

My partner and I were looking for a nice meal in Christchurch and came across the Aroy Thai on Victoria St.

We both ordered mains based on Crispy Pork. The vegetable and sauces were great, but the Crispy Pork was badly overcooked to the point of being a risk to our teeth.

Avoid the Crispy Pork at all costs !

Reviewed 23 January 2016

Starters of satay chicken and spring rolls were excellent. Had crispy pork stir fry. some pieces were rock hard and totally inedible.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I used to get take away from Aroy Thai many years ago prior to the Christchurch earthquake. It was nice to see these guys come back but the a flash new restaurant has clearly come with a price. The food we had was quite average and service certainly not up to scratch. Maybe we picked the wrong night? I certainly hope so!

1  Thank Kylej1111
Reviewed 17 January 2016

I've been here 3 times in the last 5 months and the food here is really consistent and very tasty. A good menu that does not overwhelm you and they cater for groups really well. This is a really good restaurant but they are letting themselves down on a couple of things: The menus could be replaced, they are getting a bit tatty and dirty; and I was a bit let down by the service. It wasn't bad, it just seemed non-existent. Wait staff weren't coming around to take orders and no check in to see if you needed anything else.

But in all, it's a great experience coming here, good value and the food is really good. So I have no hesitation to return.

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

I am sitting at the corner of the restaurant, one hour in, and still waiting for my food...people around me who have ordered AFTER me have just received their mains...way to go