“Absolutely stunning golf venue!”

Clearwater Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: The Clearwater Golf Course has proven itself as a venue for international professional golf over 13 consecutive years, yet it offers a fair challenge to all visitors from the six tee choices. After your golf you’ll be welcomed into The Member Lounge providing excellent views of the 18th green and the final fairway. Free Wi-Fi allows you to update your friends on the great day you've had.
Reviewed 25 February 2016

Having played some of finest golf courses in the world, I expected a good golf course here but was very surprised when I found it be so much more... From the moment we arrived the staff were warm and friendly, nothing was a problem even when we were running about 10 min late for our tee time, the golf staff sent another group off first so we didn’t have to rush and could practice a putt! Just as well as the greens were excellent in every way, they were true and challenging, but not in any way hard to the point of ridiculous like so many other resort courses. The fairways are immaculate, the bunkers well-groomed and the lakes are mesmerising with crystal clear water. After our round we were invited into the "Members Lounge" for a beverage and something to eat, Clearwater is a stunning place to play golf and this is matched by the genuine friendliness of the staff and members also. If you’re in or near Christchurch it’s a must play for any visiting golfer. AAA+++

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

The Clearwater Resort was chosen for two nights because, well, we had never been there before.

We chose the villas overlooking the lake and it was a good choice. Great views, really comfortable and good quality. The maintenance crew came quickly to fix a heating problem. Nice one!

Dinner in the restaurant was good quality, beautifully presented and served by really great staff. Nice one, 2.

Recommend for its quality and closeness to Christchurch.

Reviewed 28 January 2015

Played here during our stay in Christchurch. This is quite a challenging golf course. There is a lot of water and grasses you can play into, so bring enough balls with you. The condition was excellent. The pro shop had a good selection of clothes etc and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a great time her and would highly recommend playing here when in Christchurch. We also eat at their restaurant after our round and again the staff was very good and the food excellent.

1  Thank nota1timetraveller
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Peppers Clearwater Resort.

When you drive in off Johns Road you get the spooky feeling that you’re driving up a millionaire’s driveway. I mean really, can the restaurant be in a better location? Set amongst the idyllic setting that is Clearwater Golf course, Peppers is a fantastic place to relax with someone special. The lakes make a picturesque view and provide more than just a wonderful scenic view from your dining table. Yes you guessed it, straight from the lake to your plate the eel really is something.
My partner and I have stayed here before but hadn’t eaten. Under the recommendation of a friend we made the booking and were in for a treat. Once seated, and let’s say wow to that view again, I actually found it quite hard to decide what to eat. Not because of the lack of things on the menu but all my favorites were there. Oh what the hell, lets have the seafood chowder, the chicken liver parfait and the crispy duck breast! My partner went for the eel with a main of salmon fillet in Kaikoura crayfish bisque. Now you might say that’s indulgent, and I would agree with you but you do feel oh so special at Peppers, like any minute Tiger Woods is going to walk up to you and say “My, that looks good”.
When the dishes arrive your not disappointed, the staff have been pleasant, not too invasive, we were well looked after with a smile and a twinkle or is that the after effects of the lovely Waipara Riesling that went oh so well with everything? How can you finish off a good evening like this? With a Lemon Tart! That’s how! Yes indulgence layered with decadence and why not? You work hard for your money and sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and go “what the heck”. You may ask why I’m going to town on this review and that’s because Peppers made me feel special. The staff made me feel special, the location made me feel special and the food made feel special. Isn’t that what it’s all about? Aren’t you prepared to go that little bit further to feel downright special?
Lets celebrate food, lets celebrate life….lets celebrate at Peppers Clearwater where all those things come together perfectly. A friend is getting married there in September. I can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I'll only recommend this property if you have a car. This place is so huge that people at the reception will actually give you a map to guide you to your room.
We stayed here only for a night and what we felt that the place is only meant for golfers. There's nothing much to do at the property if you are not interested in golf. We had a beautiful cottage where the balcony opens into a lake. Me and my wife sat there for an hour atleast just to enjoy the view and feeding the ducks. Place is quite far from the city center and thus again one would require a car to commute. Didn't get much chance to interact with the staff since it was a short stay.

2  Thank Avnish J