“Amazing Pad Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2015

When I want Pad Thai, this is where I come. I live over the other side of town but will still always get my Thai from Semas. Quick, affordable meals. One serving of Pad Thai will do me for dinner and lunch the next day. De-Lish.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

We went here recently for dinner on a Saturday night as a family group. We were greeted warmly on arrival and shown to our table by a charming Thai lady who even thanked us for choosing Sema's. This lady looked after us for the duration of of our evening and her attention to us and service was just amazing, we have never had a waitress look after our needs so well as we did here. We chose a variety of dishes to share and every one with no exceptions was tasty and generous in size. We particularly enjoyed the Duck Curry and there was plenty of rice to share, which we did not have to pay for over and above the dishes ordered, unlike other establishments.
The restaurant decor is warm and cosy with a definate Thai feel, the tables are well spaced and seats comfortable. We would be very happy to return again any time and recommend Semas to anyone who is looking for an authentic Thai meal aith great service and a reasonable price.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have been regular customer of this restaurant since moved to Christchurch in 2008.
It was very reasonable for great meals and friendly service, but I've fount recently service is very poor.
When I visited it for dinner one night, a young waitress provide us the seat which was close to the kitchen door. So we asked her to change the seat because there was a lots of empty seat in quiet night. The waitress attitude was acid and she said " If you want". From beginning of dinner, I felt disappointing, food was good though.

Also I had a lunch myself the other day. Same waitress ( I think she remember me because I am regular customer) was unfriendly manner again. She did not come to my table for order, just
talked to me from the counter for order, very rude. I've nearly asked her " Are you happy to work here?"
Well, What happened for SEMA?? I love Tom Yum Noodle and Stir fried deep fish with garlic and pepper, very beautiful!
But if the service is like that, you gonna lose local customers.

1  Thank nanades
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Terrible service, long wait in empty restaurant for food (45 min), both seafood dishes were overcooked, tough, and had the same sauces thrown at them. Waitress were rude to other customers as well, what happened to curtesy?? Atomsphere blah! Food revoltingly sweet. Has put me off thai food forever I think.

4  Thank Jo W
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I have been here many times before and will keep returning! The food is so good and the restaurant is always buzzing! The staff have good banter which is always good. Definitely worth going too not sure why this place isn't in the top 20 its that good!