“One of the best”

Kum Pun Thai Restaurant & Beer Garden
Ranked #46 of 1,019 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 16 April 2017

This Asian restaurant is one of the best we dinned in in NZ and we dinned at 30 during our stay! Drunken Noodles (Prawns, calamari, fish, mussels, chilli) - delicious, Thai beef green curry - superb. Stir fry chicken and cashew nuts - fantastic. Excellent NZ wines and Tiger beer on tap. First class, efficient service by charming, happy staff. A clean, tidy and well designed place with good bathroom facilities. Reasonably priced.
We highly recommend this justifiably popular restaurant. Go there!

There are newer reviews for Kum Pun Thai Restaurant & Beer Garden

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fabulously delicious food. The red curry wontons were fantastic. The decor was really good and the service was on points. Well recommended.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My sister & I have just arrived home from an evening at Kum Pun Thai. We started with fresh spring rolls; while the rolls didn't have a lot of flavour, mixed with the super tasty dipping sauce they were so good. We chose from the chef's recommendation for our main meals: a prawn dish and a filet of beef meal. If only I knew exactly what the meals were named. We are both lovers of Thai food and were super impressed with both dishes. Delicious. If we lived in Christchurch and could go back to that restaurant we would choose those meals again. The staff were fun & friendly but also very professional. Just fabulous. Thank you Kum Pun Thai for a really enjoyable evening. Top marks

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner went here and I cant express enough how amazing the food was and the lovely service. My thai boyfriend described it as the best green curry he'd ever had and Ive never had such impressive tofu in my life. Not only the food but the staff were awesome, friendly and extremely nice. This is a favourite of ours for sure, I recommend this place to anyone!!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Went here after reading a review in the paper. It met the review as the food and service were top class. The food came to the table and it was piping hot and you could tell it was freshly made. I would recommend the kebabs as a starter and the lanb shank for the main it was so tasty. The staff were lovely and friendly.