Bamboozle Oriental Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2017

There's a major play on words on the menu so you have to go along with the theme! The Asian fusion restaurant was busy and seems very popular with locals and visitors alike. The food was good; our choices were Luff me long time Noodles, Prawns, pork and peanuts, sizzling pork and coconut rice and Lamb and chillies. Portion sizes varied with some people getting more main course food than others but apart from that all was well. Service by our hostess Amy from Plymouth was excellent and the restaurant has a well stocked bar. The gents toilet could have done with a mid evening clean. All in all a reasonable meal but a bit pricey!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We had the salmon cream cheese dumplings, blue cod & crab dim sims, cocaine rice and the mushroom prawn tempura. Wow, seriously good food. Every dish was delicious, we would highly recommend and most definitely be returning!

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

In for lunch, we were the first there for the day. I headed straight for the toilet and it was a bit sticky, the table and the menu were both sticky. Better cleaning is required. Good waiting staff. Funny menu names.

We had a selection of dishes as follows:
Sweet and sour pork dumplings - far too sweet, difficult to determine what the protein was. Where was the sour?
Pad Thai - the bacon in it was weird, had no depth of flavour or fresh herb. Noodles over cooked.
Kung Pow - great nuts/chicken, sauce too sweet.
Tiger Prawns - over cooked, poo track not removed. Noodles were a highlight.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant by a local on a recent visit. The menu seemed interesting so I was looking forward to my meal. However, the service was pretty average and the food did not really live up to its promise. The starters of beef dim sum and sweet and sour pork dumplings were average. Both came with mayonnaise based dipping sauces when a lighter sauce would have been better. The chargrilled pork belly from the robata was actually cold sliced pork with a sauce, neither chargrilled or crispy. This was described as a main by the waiter but actually was a smaller serve than both the starters. The Blue Cod stir fry was tasty enough but not exceptional. We may just have ordered badly but it was not a memorable meal. To top it off, there were issues with eftpos and we had to make numerous attempts just to pay. Not a terrible experience but neither a great one.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

This is my second time visiting Bamboozle, and each time it's just not cutting the mustard in terms of their idea of fusion food. I tired the talked about pecking duck, but nothing spectacular about it if you have tried the authentic one. Meat was dry and skin was not crispy like it should. For me, It's one of those restaurant that it didn't make me want to do back again because of food.