Check-in was easy, and after a long day travelling it was welcomed to be given a Snickers, a small milk, and a packet of crisps (although disappointing that the crisps were stale).
I was only in Christchurch for just over 24 hours, and the bed seemed comfortable enough for one night. In the room the major problem was the heating (or lack thereof). The Central Heating doesn't seem to work at all times (in fact they told me at reception that it only comes on at certain times) however there was a bar heater provided in the room which helped (although connected by a series of extension leads which could be dangerous if you had a child with you or were a bit clumsy).
The bathroom was small and pokey, and whilst it was cold there was a heater in this area as well which worked nicely. I'm not a heavy set guy, but if I was I think I'd probably struggle with the small shower.
If I was coming to Christchurch for a very short period of time (aka one night) I'd probably stay here again however for anything more than a day or so I'm sure there'd be similar options for the same price point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer 26 stylish, self contained and well appointed quality apartments catering for the corporate traveler, couples and families.City Central Motel Apartments are within 5-7 mins walk of local attractions and the Central Business District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your City Central Motel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Central Motel Apartments Hotel Christchurch
- City Central Hotel Apartments
- City Central Christchurch