All reviews market place restaurant modern and stylish rain shower usb ports construction site construction noise pillow menu tallest building southern alps comfortable hotel executive room room service hotel is located your luggage top floor lovely room in easy walking distance
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I was bitten by bedbugs during my stay and found one in my clothes. After reporting this I was told that the manager (who was not available at the time) would call me, but after 3 days nobody had called. I called the hotel and was told by the manager that they checked the bed and didn't see any bugs, so that was why she hadn't called me. She said the hotel had been full for the past few days and the new people staying in that room hadn't complained. No apology or compensation was offered. I travel regularly for work and have never experienced such unprofessional service. I will be telling the travel agents my company uses to not book this hotel in future. My company has staff staying in Christchurch most weekends during the rugby season. I will make sure my colleagues don't stay in this hotel either

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CrownePlazaCHC, Manager at Crowne Plaza Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi Lewin H,
Thanks for you review. We are sorry you don't feel the hotel took your claim seriously. We certainly had no intention of giving you the impression you had been ignored or that the situation was not highly sensitive to us. The reality was quite the opposite. The hotel management team investigated your claim immediately after you informed us, and investigated further after your departure with a detailed inspection by a qualified independent specialist. Both inspections found absolutely no evidence of bedbugs or any other bugs in the room. We are more than happy to share this report with you (and for complete transparency we will be sharing it with your travel agency). However there is unfortunately little more we can do in this situation other than share the results of our investigation with you and apologise that you experienced being bitten by something during your time in Christchurch.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

I stayed at the hotel for one night. Christchurch has a walkable city center so you would be able to walk to the attractions, shops and restaurants pretty conveniently. The main bus station for catching the Intercity coaches is also an easy, flat 10 minute walk away.

Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are modern, very clean and the bed is very comfortable. Cushions by the window side to relax and read a book.

My main issue with this hotel is that they advertise about airport transportation but that is not true. I checked the hotel website and at the hotel. There is no transport provided by the hotel to anywhere.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 19 September 2018

This was a nice way to finish of our 2week holiday in NZ.
we had a magnificent room on the 9th floor with a few.
Facilities were fantastic we had a beautiful king size bed & plenty of room to fit all our suits cases in cupboards.
Bathroom i would kill to have at my own home remote screen from bathroom whist in shower great idea and interesting.
Dinner in the restaurant was outstanding with a nice couple of reds.
overall i would recommend this hotel and will return again on our next visit to NZ.
Hotel Amenities I'm not to sure about as we had a hire car.
Only one thing I was concerned about is having to pay for car parking, maybe that should be included in the price.

Room tip: don't go anywhere else until you have at least stayed here for one night
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We loved our stay here. The room was very clean with lots of space to put things. Even though our room was not large it was very well organised. Breakfast was very good. Even had black pudding which I don't see very often. We couldn't really fault our stay and we look forward to staying again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SammieTauranga
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza and were very happy with the hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is well appointed, very modern and stylish. The room was comfortable and clean. The room service menu was pretty good (better than most), we got breakfast one day and the food was good. For hotel room service the prices were pretty good too. If you like to exercise, the gym is reasonably equipped (rower, bike, treadmills and large range of free weights).
There’s and outdoor parking area that they charge $15 per night for you to use, but paid hotel parking seemed to be common around NZ.
The hotel is right in the middle of the city and there’s lots of restaurants and bars within 10 minutes walk. Overall we were very happy with the hotel

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple