“Large group - good varity of high quality meals, beer and FLAWLESS service.”
Review of The Yard Bar

The Yard Bar
Ranked #24 of 133 Restaurants in Blenheim
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

On Friday the 15th we had a group of about 20 approx in one of the side rooms, being winter, it was good to have the fireplace, the venue was warm, and not too hot so the ambience for group bater and noise level was good for this room.

There is a wide range of good beers on tap

Food was very good, I have the ribs and it fell off the bone very well, I have a bit of food envy with a few in the group with their burgers, to looked very good and all the people with burgers were happy with thier choice. I felt bad having to leave early due to a second commitment and not sampling the desert, but it the mains are good, I would be say the deserts will be too. I looked as the various meals, I think what ever you choose, you will be happy. The $$ match the quality/

The highlight was the service, the waitress had great interaction skills with the large group, very upbeat and friendy, and very comfortable in this environment which the service felt natural and not forced, and the orders were all perfectly done, so 10/10 for service (flawless)

I do look forward to coming back the blenhiem, and trying out addtioanl meals and a desert. Well done to the Owners, staff, chiefs, its a great food experience

(If you found this review to be o value, please give a helpfull tumbs up)

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here when staying locally on business based on previous reviews and have to say the chicken wings and the lamb salad were spot on. Decent beer too and a nice cosy atmosphere. Service was a little slow and heard from locals it can get a bit dodgy late on.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

was a little hard to get into as i had work boots on which they dont allow but because it was early they allowed me in , food was ok but nothing to write home about , the staff were very good and friendly

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

The jerk fried chicken pizza with jalapeno is used to be the best pizza in the world. We love it so much that I went for it every Tuesday just for this. However, the new recipe of jerk fried chicken pizza is with corn but no more jalapeno, which is no good at all. When I asked for the old recipe one, they do make me but charged $8 extra without even informing me. I am deeply disappointed and lost interest in regular visit. I hope the old recipe will be back soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The pizza here was some of the best I've ever tasted, and I happened on a buy one, get one free evening. The wine and beer selections and service were good as well. it's a casual spot, not a fancy gourmet place, in downtown Blenheim with on-street parking.