“Delightful plating & stellar fresh flavor with a wide wine selection ”
Review of The Vintners Room

The Vintners Room
Ranked #46 of 133 Restaurants in Blenheim
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: European, International, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Vintners Room at Marlborough Vintners Hotel. We use Organic fruit and vegetables form our Potager, Locally and Regionally sourced Produce. We proudly hand make our dishes and our tlented Chefs offer an ever changing menu. Bookings Essential.
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 7:30 pm without a reservation on a Friday and were warmly welcomed. Our table overlooked a nondescript green space. In contrast 2 the table view,, the plating & taste of our Beef Cheeks with roasted veggies for 2 was delightful! We enjoyed Whitehaven Pinot Noir & a refreshingly light garden salad tossed with olive oil & lemon as accompaniments. The service was attentive and surrounding serene. I would have rated the meal excellent if some soothing background music was included. Overall, we would highly recommend this hidden gem.

MVHGeneralManager, General Manager at The Vintners Room, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Dear Catherine H,

Thank you for your review of your recent dining experience with us.

The slow roasted beef cheeks are a firm favorite at the restaurant and personally one of my favorite dishes. Nothing beats a nice glass of local Pinot Noir and a hearty meal.

I trust the remainder of your time In Marlborough was enjoyable and we look forward to have you dine with us in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Had dinner, fantastic new menu, we thought it was one of the best we had on our trip. Slow roasted beef cheeks and the ravioli were superb. Staff helpful and wine was great ( merlot )

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your shining review of your dining experience at The Vintners Room, the team and i are delighted to receive this feedback.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We were spending our last night in NZ and really was looking forward to eating at a top restaurant. As we found out later, the waitress and the chef "were in training" (that was how they described it) There were only 4 other people in the restaurant during the entire time we were there. After waiting for the main I went back and searched out the waitress and the chef. When I pointed out that we had waited an hour for our meal, there repy was, "I did not know you were in a hurry". I almost exploded. Finally they brought our the main. The special chicken for the night was tough and appeared to have just been thawed. The Seafood Chowder was so salty is was hardly editable. It was supposed to come with sourdough bread but did not....so again I went back to the kitchen to get the bread.
Avoid this place at all cost until they get their act (and staff) together.

1  Thank TopsideMI
MVHGeneralManager, General Manager at The Vintners Room, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2017

Dear TopsideMI,

Thank you for your review.

I do apologies that we did not meet your dining expectations.

I have discussed these issues with both the Chef and waitress and they have provided me with an update on your dining experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss them further.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Staying at Marlborough Vintners Hotel as part of a road trip around NZ, and as it was my partner's "special" birthday decided to eat at the restaurant. We were not disappointed. Pleasantly met and shown to a table over looking the garden. Offered a choice of water and when deciding on our choice of wine, helped among by the waitress who have advice on the wines on offer, and gave us a taste of one....which we eventually chose.
The food..delicious....from the avocado and goats cheese starter , and the green salad and goats cheese, to the succulent steak ciimws to perfection. We had a thoroughly enjoyable meal, and interesting conversation with the girls, but must apologise for keeping them back, as we were last go leave and too busy chatting. Helpful advice also given for our planned cycle ride for the next day.

MVHGeneralManager, General Manager at The Vintners Room, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear Rickawl,

Thank you for your shining review of your stay and dining experience at MVH.
I am thrilled that you choice to celebrate this special occasion with us and enjoyed every minute of it.

The team and I are pleased to read your review and are glad you enjoyed the dining experience.

Once again thank you for the review and I look forward to welcome you back to MVH in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

We had dinner 3 nights in a row at this restaurant because we stayed at the hotel ( actually a wonderful apartment ). The food at the Vintners room was excellent, although 3 dinners pushed the limits.

Dear lucybD8311FD,

Thank you for the review of your dining experience and The Vintners Room Restaurant. The kitchen team and are are thrilled at your feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back to dine in the near future.