“Great fine dining option in the heart of Marlborough”
Review of Arbour

Arbour
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Blenheim
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Modern cuisine, an exciting beverage list and warm, friendly service, in the heart of Marlborough's renowned wine growing region. With a focus on seasonal, local produce, Arbour offers an a la carte menu or a 'Just Feed Me' option where the chefs will send you three, four or 'MANY' courses reflecting the ingredients they are featuring that day. Only two minutes from Marlborough Airport and Renwick, or just an eight minute drive from Blenheim.
Reviewed 2 March 2016

From the 4 course tasting menu we had clams with tomatoes and goats cheese for starters followed by a salmon dish, venison for main (fish for my girlfirend) and a mix of berries with sorbet and cream for dessert. The food was meticulously presented and tasted excellent. The wine list was extensive so we decided to keep it simple by sticking to their refined wine by the glass list and try a few different ones. Needless to say we loved all we tried. The service was friendly and ambiance very romantic. Great fine dining option in the heart of Marlborough.

1  Thank David S

Reviewed 29 February 2016

The moment my wife and I entered Arbour we were impressed with the ambience and serene setting. As you enter, there is a large warm reception and gathering area for the Hostess and the serving staff. This separates one half of the large one-room restaurant from the other. I have never seen anything like this, but it really works here. Included in this area are all of the serving essentials plus a “docking” zone for the serve staff as they await the culinary results from the kitchen. Very Impressive.

The menu sets you up for a meal cooked by a modern creative chef. All dishes must use the “farm direct to table” preparation (hand sourced and selected) as the ingredients are unique and a derivative of the local market.

Our starter was a very difficult choice but we selected the tomatoes with the fromage blanc. The tastes were fresh and bright, according to my wife. I would say they exploded in my mouth and ignited my taste buds.

For the Mains, my wife ordered the venison and I ordered the mushrooms with the 63 degree egg (among other ingredients). The venison exhibited a deep rich flavor that clearly presented its freshness and its perfect execution in the kitchen. My main was a vast selection of mushrooms and other ingredients that I cannot recall all other than the collective taste was mouthwatering.

I do not have any comments on the desserts since we did not sample any. Also, I cannot comment on the tasting menu as we opted to go a la carte.

The wait staff could not have been more professional and more welcoming. If I had a restaurant I would try to steal them away.

Bottom line, this is a MUST place for dinner when you are in Blenheim.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

We had a superb meal here. The best dinner of the New Zealand trip. Some real gems on the wine list. And fantastic, enjoyable service.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome. We selected the 3 course Just Feed Me option and each course was outstanding. We also had the opportunity to discuss a wine pairing with each course and this enhanced the meal even more. We wished we lived closer to Arbour!

Reviewed 24 February 2016

If you stay anywhere near Blenheim put this restaurant on your list, it's some of the best food we've tasted in New Zealand and their wine list is excellent too. My husband had the venison, which was melt in the mouth, my fish was slightly overdone, but didn't ruin the overall experience, starter and desert were wonderful. Service was superb, helpful, attentive but not intrusive. Superb all round. Excellent value for money.