“Tons of wines and knowledgeable ”
Review of Giesen Cellar Door

Giesen Cellar Door
Ranked #9 of 130 Restaurants in Blenheim
Price range: US$9 - US$13
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Marlborough has a special place in the hearts of the Giesen brothers. To celebrate this, and the wines they create, in late 2011, 30 years after their arrival in New Zealand, they opened a Cellar Door in the heart of the region's wineries. Situated in the midst of vineyards on Marlborough's golden mile this characterful building captures the Giesen Brothers spirit of hospitality, giving visitors a place to experience a taste of Giesen, and learn about their winemaking. Also as a special treat, visitors can taste some back vintages or trial wines thanks to the Enomatic wine dispensing system. In addition Guests can kick back and relax with a glass of Giesens wine and a platter of regional treats in the charming courtyard.
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

There is a $5 tasting fee for six wines, but we ended up tasting many more. They have several different types of wines so everyone in your party can find something they like. The lady at the cellar door who was helping us was extremely knowledgeable about their wines. She could answer any question we had and gave us tons of information. These wines are exported all over the world so it’s likely you’ll be able to find one at home.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Enjoyed a beautiful platter of local delights... with a lovely bottle of rose with family. Perfect day. Thanks

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The wine was average certainly not as good as some of the others in Blenheim and the staff were not the most welcoming

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve had the Sauvignon Blanc in Australia and its one of my favourites. They also make a great sparkling and a wooded Sauvignon which were superb. The host couldn’t have been more helpful and didn’t do the hard sell.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Ok so we were on a bike tour of Marlborough and I saw Giesen was on our route. I'll be honest I associate this with cheap Sav Blanc as this stuff in Oz is flying out of Dan Murphys for $10-12 a bottle!
Well I was surprised. I avoided the sav and was impressed with wines I would never associate with them!
We had the most amazing platter which included a glass of wine, I opted for the merlot as I was craving red. I was really impressed. I didn't know they were producing big bold reds like this.
The food was fantastic and I'm so glad I did the "tourist thing" and went there.