“What a fabulous place for lunch!”

Rock Ferry Cellar Door & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rockferry Wines is owned by husband and wife team Tom and Fiona, proud producers of world-class certified organic wines, made right here in New Zealand. Our philosophy is to make real wines which speak of their home; to express the pure distinct flavours from our organic estate vineyards in Marlborough and Central Otago. It's the way we live. We welcome you to visit our team and taste our wines at our cellar door and restaurant in Marlborough. Based around seasonally inspired cooking and our range of organically grown wines, the cellar door and restaurant is a great showcase for the honest, down-to-earth produce that New Zealand's South Island is justifiably famous for. We look forward to seeing you soon
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We were recommended to go to lunch at Rock Ferry by many of the locals in Blenheim and I can see why. Great location and beautiful gardens not to much the wonderful food and wine, I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I didn’t book and was delighted to find a park under a tree. The staff quickly found me a corner table and suggested I do a tasting as the kitchen was busy and there was a 20 minute wait on food.

The tasting was very professional and I took my last glass to the table. Market fish with coconut risotto and kaffir lines was a treat. Attentive staff and a modest bill were big ticks.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

We visited this tasting room and loved their wines! Very impressed and recommend to anyone touring around the region

Reviewed 22 November 2017

the carpark of this restaurant is always full. the menu is simple, not too much to choose from so you don't get overwhelm, but enough to make your mouth water and make you want to go back for more. the deserts alone are worth coming for if you have a sweet tooth. not me, but I recently had the fish with kaffir lime and coconut risotto, and it was so delish, I could have polished away two. restraint though I didn't. haha.

1  Thank Pedroziggy
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We stopped here for lunch on the recommendation of the manager at the hotel where we were staying. We had a table outside overlooking the lovely gardens. As far as I am concerned, everything was perfect. I don't often order beef but the steak sandwich at the table next door looked so good that I gave in and did. Hooray! It was beyond excellent. I ate it all and then had dessert too. The red wines from the vineyard were very good as well. Lunch at Rock Ferry is one of the most enduring and delightful memories of our month exploring New Zealand, and that's saying a lot. If you are in the neighborhood and nibbles beckon, don't miss this place.