“Fantastic room.”

Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Fantastic room.”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Slightly unprepossessing exterior hides a jewel of a hotel. Very clean and fantastic room with 2 huge beds and a kitchen area. Superb value. Good restaurant with good menu.

Room Tip: Ask for new wing.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
QHW, Sales and Marketing Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Hi RFerg10186, Thank you for the review you recently submitted for CQ Quality Hotel Wellington.
We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, in particularly your room and the restaurant. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington soon. Have a lovely weekend.
Kind regards,
Ania Truman (Sales and Marketing Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
new zealand
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This hotel had a great location, very comfortable in the middle of everything Wellington has to offer - However, There is better hotels in the CBD which have outstanding customer service at the same price, if not cheaper. Amazing how much service can make or break your stay. We stayed in a twin room and the bed sizes were huge! Shame about the size of the showers. I would only reccomend this hotel if you found it hard to find something else, which Im sure you will have no problem doing in a happening place like Wellington.

Room Tip: The twin room has huge queen sized beds and a cute kitchenette.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear tiki_touring09,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the CQ Hotels Wellington.
I am disappointed that our team did not meet the required standard; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At CQ, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we want to take the appropriate measures to address the problem that you have met and prevent future occurrence.
I would really appreciate if you could please forward me further detailed feedback in regards to your stay. I am looking forward to hear from you soon, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Kind regards
Olivier Lacoua
CQ Hotels Wellington
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Very comfortable and attractive room. Only thing I can fault is that the shower makes water go all over the bathroom floor, which I can see a few other people have commented on previous to my review but not a reason not to stay here! Excellent location, would definitely stay here again. Great value, overall very happy.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Hi Wiji2025, thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on your stay at CQ Quality Hotel Wellington. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your feedback regarding the showers, your comments will help us to develop a refurbishment plan which will ensure that our hotel remains at a consistent high standard.
We look forward to seeing you back here soon!
Ania Truman
Sales and Marketing Manager
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 January 2012

It always amazes me how hospitality industries still employ people as front office staff who are not customer friendly, but my first contact lady was very officious and I felt like I was interrupting her. I had overheard her telling someone something on the phone about parking but she didn't bother telling me that parking needs to be pre-booked. The same lady didn't properly direct me to parking but called to move my car the next morning from an almost empty area with the right signs in place and also made me feel like a twit when I said my internet wasn't functional. Anyway, a pleasant stay but here is a summary:

Not Good:
*Parking $20 a night. Why when overnight parking nearby is $11? Plus was not explained where to park exactly and was called to move vehicle next morning even though plenty of free space and I had parked under the hotel signs - go figure!
*No bath. On requesting to change, no room with a bath was available. Know better now but who would have thought?
*Ice block tray not filled! A silly little thing but lousy when one wants a cold drink!
* Awful internet - actually no internet. Wellinton city is a free wi fi zone so why on earth would a hotel still have a phone plug! When I tried to log in on my laptop it just gave me an error message. But you only get 30 mins free a day anyway so I just used my own smartphone. Irritated that the front office lady took the position that I was doing something wrong. But a nice young lad kindly offered to pop up and fix although I didn't bother.
* No small table to eat on so you have to eat against the wall. Okay but not ideal.

Good:
* Clean, neat and spacious room.
* Great pool [room temp] and heated jacuzzi but jacuzzi is small so could be full. We went early and late although closes 10pm.
* Good new year's night special at restaurant.
* Nice location to walk or drive - take a wander down Cuba street.

Room Tip: Ask for bath.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
HI Grayburg,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the CQ Hotels Wellington. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

It is very unfortunate to read that you experienced a disappointing level of service with the Reception desk. We endeavor to provide an excellent customer experience for every guest and in this instance it seems not to have been the case. Your feedback has been forwarded to the Front Office Manager and her team highlighting them the importance of high level of customer service and the need to minimize the possibility of this happening in the future.

Thank you for your suggestions in regards to the internet and additional table in the room; this will help us to develop new projects which will ensure that our product remains at a consistent high standard.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities such with the swimming pool and Jacuzzi.

Once again, I appreciate you sharing your concerns and am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Olivier LACOUA
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Hotel was excellent. Value for money, you get a nice, big room in one of the best locations of Wellington, close to many restaurants, cafes and places of interest. We stayed two nights and it was quiet and had no problems. It rained during our stay so it was very nice to be able to come back to use the pool and spa after the cold. Breakfast cost $1 per person (booked in advance) and it was amazing, very good value for money. If I had to be picky, I'd say something about the showers, who designed them? Everything gets wet! We stayed in a room with a small kitchen area so we could cook if we wanted. I highly recommend this hotel and will def stay again...ah, and they have Frequent Flyer so that was a bonus for us too.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
QHW, Sales and Marketing Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Hi Andrea R,
We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, in particularly the hotel breakfast and location. We're also glad you liked Cuba Street as much as we do!
Our staff take great pride in the service they deliver and I will pass your lovely comments to the rest of the team. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington soon. All the best for the New Year.
Kind regards,
Ania Peszynski (Sales and Marketing Manager)