“Excellent location. Basic, clean rooms. Free Wifi. Free access to Pool and Spa.”

Comfort Hotel Wellington
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Location is fabulous being on Cuba Street, surrounded by fabulous cafes and restaurants and walking distance to the main tourist attractions - Te Papa, War Memorial etc. Bus Stops handy too! I easily caught a local bus from just around the corner from the hotel to the Weta Cave and Workshop for $3.50 which dropped me about 500m from the Weta Cave.

The room itself was pretty basic but had pretty much everything I needed. I requested a quiet room and that is what I got. There are tea and coffee making facilities but no fridge (which was a disappointment). The bed was comfy and the shower pressure was bliss. You also get free access to the pool and spa which is part of the Quality Hotel next door. The room cost was incredibly reasonably priced for Wellington (I did a lot of searching an comparison) and I believe it includes breaky if you book through the hotel website (I booked through Expedia and it was not offered to me).

The rate includes free wifi which was easy to access and very fast.

The staff were friendly and welcoming. I arrived early and they put my bags into the storage locker so I able to head out exploring straight away. I also stored it again at the end of my stay.

Overall, I would definitely stay again and book through their website rather than a 3rd party website (then I understand I would get the free breaky).

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Ask for the swipe card to access the hot pool and spa.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
NLIHarper, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Bronwyn E,

Gracious greetings from Wellington! Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write us a wonderful review! We are pleased to learn that you've enjoyed your stay with us and will continue to strive and excel to meet your expectations. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This was the worst hotel experience i have had for a long time. It might have central location going for it, but that is all. I will just focus on the worst bits. Firstly our room was at the front of the building facing Cuba Street - do not, under any circumstances stay in one of these rooms. The curtains were farcical, two little strips of fabric that did not cover the windows, this meant that at night the blaring street lights shone directly into the room as if the lights were on all night. During the day any attempt at privacy were left to trying to find a suitable spot where the offices across the room could not see in. They could, no matter what, see you passing between the room and bathroom. Luckily it is the Salvation Army or we would all be on you tube no doubt. The noise from the street is horrendous and goes all night non-stop yelling, screaming, rubbish trucks, skateboarders in glorious cacophony. Together with the lights means zero sleep. The Windows are neither double glazed nor sealed so the wind rushes in revealing more of the room as the curtains billow in and rendering the room freezing. The heater under the window heats the outside not the inside. I could go on, but won't waste my time, neither should you by staying here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear maree777,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay at CQ Wellington. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. We aim to make everyone's stay at CQ Wellington a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We're committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations.

Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to make any suggestions on how we could make our customer experience better. We'd appreciate any further feedback you may have.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We just spent two nights at our 'normally favourite' quaint little hotel, but were disappointed a bit this time. The carpet in our room was fraying by the bathroom door, on it's way to being a trip hazard. Our single beds' mattresses needed flipping at least, replacing at best. As the room is tiny, with only one wooden desk chair, I imagine everyone sits on the side of the bed. The result is the bed kind of 'lists' when you lie down, feeling as if you'll to for a tumble if not careful. But most annoying was how the beds were made up. The room is too small to pull the beds away from the wall, so all linens were only lying on the mattress, up against the wall and not tucked in, resulting in all of it sliding off during the night, including the bottom sheet. WTHeck is this practice? I was attending a conference at the hotel, and another attendee stayed in the Quality side of the hotel, and felt pampered. Guess we'll plump for the plush next time to ensure a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Get a double bed room, ask for a quiet room, ask to be far from elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Olivier L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear mrskjj,

GM, CQ Hotels Wellington

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Location is great, right in the heart of Wellington! Walking distance to shops, movies, lots of food places, museums etc. Bed was comfy and the bonus was the complimentary breakfast which was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Olivier L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear nzkiwigirl2016,

Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

kind regards,
GM, CQ Wellington

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 2 night's. The room while compact was comfortable with everything I needed and the bed and pillows very comfy. I had a major issue with outside street noise overnight. The first night was a Friday and the noise from outside disturbed me from 10pm till around 3.30am. Shortly before 6am I went to the front desk to request a different room for the next night but I was told that non were available. I purchased some ear plugs and slept better on the Saturday night but was still woken by some loud revellers. On checking out I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the noise and was told I should have mentioned it as they could have changed my room. Apart from the noise I was happy with my stay, perhaps that's the price you pay for the location.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Olivier L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear 683lizzyg,

I sincerely regret the disturbance you experienced. Our downtown location can mean extra street activity, as much as we try to contain it. On your next visit, I would be happy to assign one of our quieter, east-facing rooms upon request.