“Ten Dollar Breakfast”

Ranked #23 of 149 Restaurants in Taupo
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Noticed the sign and decided to have breakfast at Dixie Browns. I had been recommended by a friend so that was handy. The breakfast was reasonably substantial for $10, my wife could not finish her mince on toast. The coffee was pretty good.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,194)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We just wanted a beer and pizza while our kids played on the grass outside. Food was ok average nothing to write about but it was the service was terrible if the kids hadn’t already ordered a fizzy float each I would have left. Maybe they don’t like kids or customers not sure.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We went to Dixie Browns as we saw it walking a long the street. The best food and not to pricy. I got the lamb shanks which I would highly recommend and the best thing is they do takeaway!!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We ordered the Rump and Prawn ($41.90) Rump was full of fat and you have to peel the prawns when they just came out of the oven ?? At least peel them before cooking and just leave the tail on perhaps ?? Then you have a hide to charge $4.50 on top of the Rump for Sauce, that’s just ridiculous

1  Thank Justin W
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Don’t bother with the Dixie burger or the calamari
Bland and weird drowning my burger in sauce? WTF?