“Excellent ”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Small but cosy restaurant, great food, love the pineapple fried rice and spring rolls. Great staff- new go to Thai restaurant

Reviewed 7 September 2018

The wait staff are lovely..The menu is enticing and I LOVE Nasi Goreng. It was advertised as "spicy". It was not.
It was stodgy rice with no flavour. The roti chips on top were tasteless. It came with a side of sauce that had very little flavour - I asked for seconds and mixed it through even that didn't help. The chicken was dry ...The prawns were good. Spicy? I couldnt detect one hint of chili. I ate about a quarter including a tasteless egg and left the rest.
I went up to the the counter to explain quietly how disappointed I was. When the bill came not only was I charged full price I was not even offered a replacement or dessert..
My companions had the Massaman Curry wbichnthey said was just "okay".
This was a Friday lunch time.Maybe the evening chef is better but when asked to recommend a Thai restaurant in Taupo...and I'm a local ... it certainly wont be this one.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Place was small and a bit tight up that night. But the food was amazing!!!! Highly recommended! The red curry, roti and the pad thai were all cooked very well! We will definitely come back here when we visited Taupo again!

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We have frequented Siam a number of times, it reminds me of Thailand a little restaurant with fantastic food and a nice atmosphere.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 2 August 2018

This is our go-to lunch restaurant. Pa, the owner, cooks fantastic Asian food and the staff are always friendly and the service extremely prompt. Love this place.