“Excellent Professional and Safe Company”

Taupo Tandem Skydiving
15000ft Tandem Skydiving in Taupo
Ranked #1 of 55 Outdoor Activities in Taupo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skydive with TTS, New Zealand's original drop zone! With coast to coast views from 15,000 ft, free local pick up in our stretch Hummer and NZ's biggest range of camera options, your jump with us will be unforgettable! Choose between 12,000 ft and 15,000 ft, Freefall and Handycam footage and receive it all in HD on one of our free USBs! Qualmarked since 2004, your safety is our number one priority.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Washington DC, United States
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Excellent Professional and Safe Company”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I loved my two experiences sky diving with Taupo Tandem Skydiving. All of the equipment and plane were high quality, comfortable and made me feel safe. Furthermore, the certified sky divers that you dive with are very fun, friendly, and yet professional. I did the 15000 ft sky dive which was tons of fun but also very scenic.

Visited February 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Couldn't have asked for a better experience!”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This company made the skydive one of the best experiences of our honeymoon. Friendly and professional from start to finish - I was totally put at ease. We went for the 15,000ft jump and declined the various photo/dvd/t-shirt packages - I was pleased to see that the 'upselling' wasn't too persistant. Perfick!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Attention to Detail where you REALLY want it!”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I made my husband wait to do this activity until our three sons were grown - but had I known of Taupo Tandem Skydiving I'd have let him do it sooner!! They look after everybody here - even the nervous-nelly non-jumping spouse. I've been a US Travel Agent for 32 years and was very impressed with the whole outfit, from the focus on safety to the gentle comic-relief humor. A special "shout out" to Jenna, who walked us through the entire process with such kindness and grace. If you've been waiting - DON'T!!!!!!! And consider the upgrade to include a videographer - we love showing the experience to friends at home.

1 Thank Wanderlove
TaupoTandemSkydiving, Director of Sales at Taupo Tandem Skydiving, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It was lovely to meet both of you and I'm sure you made the most of your trip around NZ. Hope your wedding anniversary celebration was a memorable one! Thanks again for your feedback.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Well i'm alive.... So that's a big plus! These guys are great, i had an amazing experience that i will never forget thanks to all the awesome photos which they took! A great price too. I would thoroughly recommend to anyone looking for a place to skydive in NZ. Taupo is beautiful

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Absolutely exhilarating!”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Taupo is the cheapest place in NZ to do a skydive and TTS is definitely the place to do it. There's no doubt about it, the skydive itself is absolutely out of this world. Definitely go for the 15000ft as opposed to the 12000ft. Its no difference in how scared you are, but you get a longer time to experience it as the bad thing about them is that they are over in no time and as soon as you touch the ground you're eager to go back up. The team are very friendly and professional, nice smooth landings! It does feel a little like a production line, no sooner have you landed they're off to get attached to the next tandem.
The only downside is the pics/dvd. You have to get a package, there's no paying for it individually. The freefall pics we got were great, we weren't fussed about a dvd but it came with the pics anyway as they have to send another diver up to do it. The dvd isn't personalised at all, its a few minutes of you falling and the rest is everyone else who was in the plane with you - so not really worth it, and its quite poor quality.

Visited September 2011