All reviews accor member governors restaurant piano bar parking underneath great hotel buffet breakfast light switches superior room new addition comfortable king bed early check floor to ceiling windows large shower restaurant staff great room good size under cover
Reviewed 3 October 2018

the hotel seemed brand new and our room was amazing, staff were also so willing to help it was really appreciated. from printing out show tickets for us to just helping with directions and also restaurant staff attentive and meals were lovely

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We stayed at the hotel for the weekend of a family reunion. Our overall impression was a great, spacious room & comfortable modern public areas.
We had dinner in the restaurant on our first night which was excellent in spite of slow service & our waiter’s poor comprehension of English resulting in my hubby receiving steak & chips with an extra portion of chips!!
Music & performance in the lounge was rather loud & made conversation difficult in some areas & to get to the dining room we had to walk past the audience who made us feel as tho’ we were intruding. This is the only access to the dining room.
We also couldn’t understand why an Accor hotel of this standard didn’t provide quality toilet paper in the rooms & public facilities. It was cheap & nasty!
Housekeeping should surely stretch to 3ply loo roll

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Booked in, 10min later Receptionist (same who cut the key) walks into the room with no knocking nor announcement. Then she runs out on the corridor and I had to hunt her down to find out what she wants. Answer "she had wrong list". Lucky me I had my pants on me. Anyway, booked dinner in the restaurant, we could not understand the guy who was presenting the menu. I am not native but this was bad. Then when it came to order, they were out of meals, out of beer and the selection was technically down to like 2 or 3 items. House Keeping was fine. Room AC was not working and was hot in a day, freezing cold at night. Some terrible low buzzing was going on all night on the roof, so not much sleep. Morning continental breakfast turned to be poor choice so was greatly unhappy and had to dine in town. One thing scored, good on you housekeeping!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Very good check in and check out. Reception staff very good. Rodrigoz - Porter very good went extra mile to assist and remembered our group from last year. Couldn't ask for a more helpful guy.Slow to replenish the breakfast buffet. Had to ask.Hotel very pleasant and would use again

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelHobson, Front Office Manager at Novotel New Plymouth Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear mainevent2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback. We are so pleased you enjoyed our wonderful hotel and fabulous staff in particular Rodrigo - he truly is fantastic at looking after our guests and ensuring they feel welcomed, we are very lucky to have him.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Allie Blackwood
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Joined the Accor Loyalty programme and earned points towards free nights etc. so that was a bonus. Rooms are clean, beds are comfy and there is a range of pillows to choose from. The usual mini-bar assortments provided and tea/coffee.

Location is good in the sense its not right in town, but close enough to walk, however getting here from the road is a bit of a mare if you're from out of town. Its on an awkward corner that required going down the one-way highway and turning down some back streets to swing round and get to the entrance.

I was also disappointed when I rang reception to ask if they hired bikes in the evening to which they said yes, but when I went to reception about 6.15pm I was told the bikes had no lights and if I was caught by a Police officer it would be an $80 fine. I wanted to bike to a local diner for dinner because parking is minimal and I didn't want to loose my spot, but ended up driving and having to park at the rear of the building.

Other than the above complaints, everything else was great! The price (although work paid) was on par with some of the motels in the same area. Will stay here again, now that I have my bearings and know how to get into the place from the road.

Room Tip: Ground floor was quiet, stay at the end of a passage for minimal hallway noise
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ncla040
NovotelHobson, Front Office Manager at Novotel New Plymouth Hobson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear ncla040

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so pleased you enjoyed our wonderful hotel and joined our wonderful loyalty programme.

I apologise about the confusion with the bikes we are just looking out for our guests safety however we have since followed up with our maintenance team and will be installing lights on the bikes as soon as possible. Again, I apologise about the inconvenience however on your next stay come on down and these will be available.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon and thank you again for the GREAT recommendation!

Allie Blackwood