“Faith Restored”

Ranked #1 of 191 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Please see my previous review. After raising concerns the hotel contacted me and offered a free meal on the basis that they wanted to show what they could do as our experience, they felt, was not typical. Despite a fairly busy schedule my wife and I booked a table for a mid-week evening at 6.00 pm on the basis that this would be the fairest time to the hotel. The staff clearly knew why we were there and pulled out all of the stops. We ate a fantastic three course meal and the service was superb. I had Steak Diane cooked flambe at the table, as were the delicious crepes I had for dessert. My wife was equally delighted with her meal. I am convinced that the hotel is capable of serving an excellent meal in such a way as to make it a memorable dining experience. Well done and thank you to all of you.
My only request is that you repeat this for every customer every time. I accept that our initial experience may have been atypical, and thank you for compensating us for that, but please don't disappoint anyone else like that.

QualityManager0, General Manager at The Orangery, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi Robin, thanks for giving us the opportunity to show you what we can do.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I have had meals at the Orangery the last two consecutive Friday evenings, and both times the meals were delicious! I had the panfried fish the first evening, and the flambè prawns last night. I find going out to eat can be a point of anxiety for me at times, as not all places understand that gluten free for me is not a choice, and that even little bits of gluten can make me ill. I love that almost every item on the menu at the Orangery is gluten free, or can be made gluten free! The staff were great, it's really nice to know the Orangery is a safe place to eat for me! Highly reccomend the Orangery for a delicious meal and a great time!

QualityManager0, General Manager at The Orangery, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thanks for your good feedback on our menu and our ability to produce great gluten free food in the Orangery, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Highly recommend this restaurant. Well present, tasty and reasonably priced food. Service was faultless and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Thanks for the good comments on the Orangery Restaurant

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We really enjoyed our meals which were "top notch", both of us wishing we had had room for more!! Service was really friendly and efficient and the waitresses and waiters gave us "the time of day". Though we didn't "partake", the flambe option looked quite an entertaining way to have your meal prepared. The French guy seemed to be doing a great job. We will definitely dine again when we return to New Plymouth!!

QualityManager0, General Manager at The Orangery, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thanks for the great comments on the Orangery Restaurant we look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

As the Orangery is rated #1 in New Plymouth, we came with lot of expectations. Yesterday we went to the Salt. The Orangery pales in comparison to the Salt.

In particular, disappointed with the service of older waitress. The French Flambé chef made up for the others, that’s why three star. Food is average.

QualityManager0, General Manager at The Orangery, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations, please contact me chris@plymouth.co.nz so I can follow up, Many thanks