“Great ”

Spicy Affair
Ranked #118 of 172 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Really good and tasty Indian takeaways for a great price. Always taste fresh and the customer service is great.

A TripAdvisor Member
Hokitika, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Had beef tikka masala and it had a piece of metal in it!!! Looks like a bit of wire 3 cm long. Wouldn't go back again.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Just ordered onion bahji and butter chicken. Very disappointed with the onion bahji! Extremely oily....held it in my fingers and oil oozed out and my fingers were coated in thick oil. Usually onion bahji is rings of onion coated in crispy light chickpea batter. These were gooey, oily lumps of potato, spinach and roughly chopped up onion...completely inedible and waste of money as I threw them in the rubbish as wen I bit into one, all I could taste was oil. The butter chicken was average but the taste was fine even if it was very runny sauce. Can't say I'll be returning any time soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

It's a take away outlet. Food standard has to be improved a lot went once they had said it's authentic Indian style and charged me extra for it. But I would say nothing is authentic please improve your standard. I have eaten the best of best Indian foods and u can improve a lot better.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

Like a young Sugar Ray Leonard, Spicey Affair is 'punchy' with their flavours and always making a (me) come-back!!
A random decision to grab a menu on my way home in April has lead me to experience the multitude of delights from both their cooking and my tastebuds as I keep returning for more. :)
Super recommended!

If you have a desire to experience Indian cuisine and great service, then make sure you go the whole 10 rounds .... or more, at Spicey Affair!