“Good meal”

Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: American, New Zealand
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lone Star New Plymouth is located in the center of the CBD, being one street off the central shopping street, and one block from the water front. It is a favourite for locals serving huge great value meals coupled with fast and friendly service. Lone Star can seat up to 120 people, and in addition offers a private function that caters for up to 35 people with no room hire charges. It is the perfect venue for winter dining with two fires, or the ideal summer venue with a large outdoor dining area.
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Good meal & service, thanks guys, my chilli prawns were lovely, meals are of large portion so couldn't finish it all, only one small complaint, my daughter's venison was just a little over cooked which made it a bit tough, but all in all lovely night out, will come again.

Sean L, Owner at Lone Star, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear guest, many thanks for your lovely words. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the meal and service. Apologies that the venison was a bit tough, thanks for providing the feedback which will help us to improve. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

as soon as we walked in, staff remembered us and knew what wine we liked...we hadnt been here for atleast 6 months. the new ownership seems to be working well with large improvement to the food etc
very nice
thankyou

Thank Frank and Tina ... B
Sean L, Owner at Lone Star, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Frank and Tina, many thank for your lovely words. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the food and service from us. As new owners / operators for Lone Star New Plymouth, we aim to provide our guests a true Lone Star experience. Thanks again for taking the time to provide a review, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I dont remember when i last had a steak as tough as the Ribeye i had here.
They need to change their butcher.
The coleslaw was average and the best part of my meal was the garlic butter.
I wont be back.

Sean L, Owner at Lone Star, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Richard, we are very sorry that you had a disappointing meal with us. We have not had any issue with Ribeye or any other steak, we would like to get some feedback if you don't mind so that we can look into this. If you could please email wendyw@lonestar.co.nz with the date and time you dined and how many were in your group then we can look into this. Thanks for taking the time to provide a review, we do hope you would come back one day and experience a true Lone Star experience.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I'm a sales rep covering huge amounts of nz, Most of time don't stop for a good meal!. I had signed up for lone stars app having a play in my hotel and awesome lone star within 2 mins walk!
Up I went ... Jacob was the waiter, Polite and knowledge of the food, I knew what I wanted twin lamb shanks,,, I thought I would have learnt these are big meals must order single next time! Before the meal had come I asked Jacob about deserts.. I never order desert I wonder why?
Out came my meal ... my gosh that's huge,, like a child I ate the tender fall of bone shanks and didn't eat my mash or tomatoes, the sauce was very rich, the mash was a bit buttery for me ,, don't let that bother you... if you mix the rich sauce with it then perfect!!
8 mins it was over ... I was happy and full and said to Jacob no on desert ...
as I filled my hands with compliment Kelly beans!
Ambiance was lovely, warm inside restaurant.
Sign up for the app you get a free desert first time with a main
Ask for Jacob he's lovely !!! Tell him 2 shank bruce sent you

3  Thank Bruce C
Sean L, Owner at Lone Star, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Bruce, many thanks for rating Lone Star New Plymouth 5 stars. We are glad to hear that you had a great time with us and being looked after well by Jacob. We are sure Jacob will be very happy to see the lovely review you left for him. Our team together with Jacob will continue to provide outstanding food and service for our beloved guests. Thanks again for taking the time to provide a review, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks from the Lone Star New Plymouth team.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We arrived early and sat in the bar next to the fire for a few drinks and stayed there to eat. The staff were great, and the crème brulee was delicious.

Sean L, Owner at Lone Star, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hi Linda, many thanks for rating Lone Star New Plymouth 5 stars. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed an early outing with us before the game. I hope it was a great weekend away for you. Thanks again for taking the time to provide a review, we look forward to seeing you next time - thanks from Wendy, Sean and the team at Lone Star New Plymouth.