“First Time Here”
Review of Tangra Street

Tangra Street
Ranked #66 of 188 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Was given a voucher for birthday to dine here. Was entitled to soup for two, shared entree and two main meals plus two free drinks. The restaurant was clean and the the service top class.We enjoyed the experience as it was free for us. The food was of a good standard. I thought it was rather pricey...my main meal was a fish dish with excellent sauce but at $28 it was to me very expensive as there was about 6 to 8 bite size pieces of fish with a lot of sauce and for that price it would put me off. Otherwise we enjoyed it as we were not paying. Would I return ? maybe but only for a special occasion

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

A friend recommended this South East Asian licensed restaurant and said it was surprisingly good. We had dinner there and it was just excellent. The menu is extensive and varied with entrees at $12-15 and mains $20-26 and they serve large portions. We agreed the soup was as good as it gets, the entree which we shared( thank goodness) was also great and the mains had a unique taste which was delightful. We asked for “mild” and that’s how it came.
They have a good selection of wines and beers at reasonable prices.
We will go there again.

1  Thank mike385
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We went for a pre-movie lunch. I have many dietary requirements. This was no issue.
Both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. It was the best food I have had out in a long while. We will be back soon.

1  Thank NP_Nobby
Reviewed 7 October 2017

A one of its kind menu in New Plymouth with delightful blends of Indian/Chinese/Malaysian dishes to tease the palette. Great location in the heart of the city. Friendly service and generous quantities of food.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Thought we would try something different so tried Tangra Street. Food was extremely good as was the service. We had entrees and a main but couldn't manage to fit it all in so unfortunately didn't get dessert! Would definitely go back!