1,268 results
All reviews eat street two double beds plenty of free parking a lake view room rooms are small lobby area buffet breakfast room was clean and comfortable short stay would stay again close to town new zealand accor novatel cbd
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and wished we had stayed longer! The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They helped us organise a trip to the Maori village and rang the room a couple of times to check that everything was okay with our stay. The room was lovely, overlooking the lake. There wasn’t anything I could fault at this hotel - we absolutely loved it.
Rotorua is beautiful. A great place to visit.
Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Lewis at the front desk was outstanding. When I inquired about wifi he gave us wifi for free-he saw we had two teenagers! Gave us two Red Ibis coffee cups and coffee to go. Very engaging and friendly. Being from the US he really made us feel welcome and at ease in NZ! Thank you Lewis and keep up the great work, your boss should be proud of you.

Room Tip: Parking is free right out front!!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2018

I decent hotel that could be much better. It has a OK location, a little off the main areas for services so restaurant choices will require a 20 minute or so walk or a short drive. The beds were comfortable and the room fairly clean but the little things that distinguish the good hotels from those with mediocre management were missing like dirty door hardward and dirty bathroom tile. The front desk offered to help with a reservation and then didn't call the attraction when we returned several hours later. I think the desk clerk forgot so we made our own reservation ourselves on line. And then there was the fire alarm in the middle of the night. We took our shoes and car key so the family stay warm in the cold winter night but other were standing outside for half and hour in bare feet. We were never offered any explanation, apology or token complimentary breakfast or free drink for our inconvenience. Just silence. What rookie is running this place?

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018

The room and the bed were really good, but the bathroom was a bit disappointing and my sink was clogged. Also, I paid 10$ for Wi-fi, thinking that at this price it would be a fast speed wi-fi, but I couldn't even load one page because the wi-fi was so slow. I went to reception to complain and she told me that it was because every was logged on. If I have to pay 10$ for wi-fi, at least make sure everybody can use it correctly. So either make your slow wi-fi free, or invest so that everybody can have fast speed internet.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Very disappointed with our night, booked many months in advance. I booked a city view room - take a look at our view. My profile requests high floor away from lifts, we were ground floor closest room to lift, entrance and restaurant, particularly noisey all hours. A plus the room was and smelt clean Eat street is close with a great atmosphere and the minus, back to Novotel we go where I am always made to feel like a special guest

Room Tip: Choose the Novotel although tired and dated better value for your $
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple