All reviews eat street view of the lake room was clean motel location wifi tv taupo
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Like most reviews of this motel states, the location is as good as you can get, right on the lake & 5 minutes walk from "Eat street" restaurants & the town centre; there is free parking on site & a small heated pool for a dip.
The Motel itself needs a big face life & modernisation; the rooms are spacious & clean but very dated; when we were their recently there was a big storm lasting all day & we had a leak in the bathroom ceiling that had obviously been there for a while & never been fixed.
However having said all that I would go back if in the area again although I don't think my wife would ..

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank delboy99
Reviewed 16 November 2017

The motel was a little tired, but perfectly adequate and great location. Had a great Kiwi welcome.
5 minutes walk from a great selection of bars and restaurants. On the Thursday I visited there was a street market with a wide variety of food stalls.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We chose this on location and view of the lake.
The room was clean but could do with an update.
we only stayed 1 night so it was fine as the weather was drizzling and we wanted to be close to eat street.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017

only stay if your only purpose of stay is to sleep...dont expect for any leisure and want close proximity to city...very close to lake and food court...prime location...all amenities are just basic...very basic...no BBQ option

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Please do not waste your money or time staying at this terrible motel. I had probably one of my worst motel/hotel experiences here which I will get to after I tell you.... It is SO terribly run down. The bathroom is so disgusting, I didn't even want to walk on the bathroom floor, it looked so gross. It was old and dire. It cost $235 per night and you get what should cost $60.
So... the morning after our first night the owner tells us, that our room was left in such a state that he wasn't going to service it. What was weird is, it wasn't that bad! Yes, the beds were messy, and yes the kitchenette wasn't wiped down, and yes there was a few little bits of paper and petals on the ground (kids doing random things!), but really, it wasn't that bad! So the grumpy owner had the audacity to tell me that it was too messy (when the place is really a dump) and that they weren't our slaves which was a pretty full on thing to say or assume I thought!
I will give the guy ONE credit, when I told him I wanted to leave, he did refund me the night I had already paid for, which was decent of him. We left and went straight round the corner to the Ibis. The room was half the price, clean and comfortable. They even upgraded our room to a lake view!
Please don't stay at the Ledwich Lodge motel.. you'll probably get Tinnitus and have a bad experience!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family