1,201 results
All reviews art deco emporium restaurant irish pub royal suite roof terrace loading zone beautiful hotel pacific view shared balcony marine parade buffet breakfast step back in time across the road first floor new zealand car parking sea front
Reviewed 15 November 2018

I stayed here for only one night, but was very happy with the choice as I found the hotel quite quirky and certainly different.

My room was a 'King Superior Studio', however, my definition of a studio room is seemingly different from what I was provided with, but as I was only staying for one night, it was suitable for my needs.

The room itself was not overly large but everything was functional and there was a patio door leading out to the Marine Parade Balcony (communal).

I managed to park my car directly on the road opposite the hotel which was reasonably cheap during business hours, but is free after 6pm until 8am the following day, however, I understand the hotel has an arrangement with some nearby parking facility.

Location is very central for shops and bars (there is a bar attached to the hotel) and is located very close to the waterfront.

The staff were all very helpful and pleasant and a big shout out to the housekeeper who returned my wife's handbag to reception after we checked out and to the receptionist who contacted me by phone to inform me that the bag was waiting for us.

Fortunately, we were still in Napier doing some last minute shopping, but credit to the honesty of the staff involved. Thank you.

Breakfast was included in my rate and was served in the annexed bar and was very enjoyable, and certainly my choice was filling!

As others have highlighted, the town and the hotel is very Art Deco orientated and adds to the atmosphere.

The Masonic is a great choice and the town is a great place, its just a shame my stay was so brief, however, I would certainly recommend a stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Napierhotels, Owner at Art Deco Masonic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2018

Dear davyp777
Thank you for choosing to stay at Art Deco Masonic Hotel for your brief stop off in Napier. Your recommendation to other TripAdvisor users is much appreciated.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again to discover the delights of Napier and its surrounds.

Reviewed 13 November 2018

The Art Deco Masonic Hotel is based right in the heart of Napier, only a hundred metres from the beach. Unfortunately the beach is not good for swimming, but Napier is a beautiful town full of art deco buildings.
The Art Deco Masonic Hotel is beautifully restored inside and looks really authentic. The rooms however do have modern bathrooms and have been fully restored.
The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom spotless and very modern, although not huge.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Your comments about comfort and cleanliness are much appreciated.

Reviewed 11 November 2018

We stayed at this hotel when we were down in Napier for a friend's wedding. The hotel was beautiful and the service was great. The bar/restaurant servers were impeccable. I thoroughly enjoyed the caramel apple mule - I could drink that all day! Would happily stay here again.

Dear VBB91
We were pleased to read you enjoyed your experience with us. Your comments about our friendly team are much appreciated. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

OMG you need to go stay here. this is a fabulous hotel in a fabulous town, Art deco all over the place, The hotel is art deco style and very luxurious, the rooms are quality, we had one with a large outside area and balcony, the food is superb, the staff are excellant, We have stayed in quite few hotels all over the world and this is definately one of my favourites.
The only complaint i have is we did not stay long enough............Thank you Masonic

Room tip: ask for one with a balcony and view..............
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review. We were thrilled to read that we made it as one of your world wide favourites!
We hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

What a gem!!! From the history of the building to the fantastic decor, this hotel is full of character. We stayed in the Pacific Suite and it was fantastic! The restaurant attached is very popular with good reason - wonderfully warm atmosphere with creative drinks and yummy food! HIghly recommend!!

Room tip: Pacific room is a splurge but has a door that leads right out to the main balcony (which is shared by the whole hotel, by the way)

Dear ear2006
Thank you for your glowing review and recommendation to other travellers. I'm pleased you enjoyed your experiences of our Pacific View Suite and Emporium Restaurant.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back some time soon.