“AWESOME BED”

Novotel Hamilton Tainui
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 October 2017

I stayed here for one night and have no regrets. Close to town and great restaurants, bed super super comfortable but wasn't provided (or couldn't find pillow menu), and was advised that i could have chosen a pillow ...... all in hindsight I guess. Room spacious and clean although corner by bed had chipped plaster off wall and was quite obvioius. Had large spacious bathroom, walk in shower - huge and gorgeous spa bath (although my only gripe it took 45 mins to fill up!!). Toilet faced towards wall which if you have long legs is very awkward to manouver yourself sideways. Staff were lovely. Lack of parking out front caused a backlog, but staff were attentive and just lovely. Would I stay here again. absolutely yes i would without hesitation. If you book an Executive Suite valet parking should be included.

Room Tip: Executive Suite with a view of the Waikato
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
DBreukink, General Manager at Novotel Hamilton Tainui, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Guest. Thanks for your great comments about your stay with us. Look forward to see you again. Best regards, Dick Breukink, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

If I had room in my suitcase I would have taken the bed with me. It was incredible. Sure, the hotel is beautiful, I had a huge room, I appreciated USB chargers in the wall. The shower was amazing. But nothing compels staying in a hotel like a bed beyond comfortable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Pahit. Thanks for your nice comments about the bed. I have to agree that it is pretty good and makes you enjoy a good night sleep. Look forward to welcome you back. Regards, Dick Breukink, GM

Reviewed 27 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 25 October 2017

The rooms are tastefully decorated and have all the latest technology. They are comfortable and spotlessly clean. The food at both breakfast and dinner was excellent. The hotel is centrally situated, within walking distance of the shops.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Keith. Thanks for your feedback and really appreciate the time you took to inform us about your recent stay. Hope to be able to welcome you back. With kind regards, Dick Breukink, GM

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We Hamilton locals generally consider Novotel to be one of the nicest hotels in town (I've lived here for nearly 4 years now). So, I was looking for something special when I booked a night here to stay with my husband to celebrate his birthday.

I made my booking online. In the comments part of the page, I mentioned that we were celebrating my husband's birthday. I asked for a view of the river.

When we arrived, the check-in process was quick and easy. The reception staff members were friendly and warm and wished my husband a happy birthday. She even said, "We managed to get you a room with a river view." Awesome - I love places that pay attention to details!

We got to our room and it was beautiful! It was spacious and the decor was modern and comfortable. I was amazed that there was a "pillow menu" to order form (although, mine were fine so I kept what I had).

The staff had also (at no charge to me), left a gorgeous fruit, nut and cheese plate in our room, with Happy Birthday written in chocolate around the rim of the plate. Additionally, there was a handwritten birthday card beside the plate, addressed to my husband. It was incredibly thoughtful and again, I really appreciated the attention to detail.

As part of a online booking special, we had breakfast at the hotel the following morning for $1 each! That's right, $1. It was a huge buffet style breakfast with an incredible amount of variety of options - cold cereals, eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, cold meat slices with cheese, pastries, muffins, breads (and even gluten-free ranges). Coffee was included and we each had a flat white. It was all very, very good.

I will definitely return and encourage any visitors I have needing accommodation to stay here while in Hamilton.

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a river view and it did not disappoint
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
DBreukink, General Manager at Novotel Hamilton Tainui, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Rachel. Thank you so much for your very kind words to describe your stay with us and your celebration of your husband's birthday. I am glad that all worked out well and that you have enjoyed it. Look forward to celebrate the next birthday (or an earlier event, of course). Best regards, Dick Breukink, General manager