“Excellent, what more can I say”

The Marina Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Gisborne
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ultimate fine dining in Gisborne- Michelin Style Dining, Bistro style lunches
Reviewed 16 December 2016

Taken to this restaurant by friends. The reception, service, quality of food was very good. I tried the Ostrich as reccomended by the waitress and it lived up to its reccomendation.
An ideal place for a celebration meal.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

My wife and i had been out on a road trip in our Campervan,the road trip
included the day of our wedding anniversary.
My wife booked us in for dinner at the Marina for 6pm.
at 4pm I snuck in to see the owner/manager Caroline and explained to her that it was our anniversary, i asked her if she could organise some flowers for me.
Caroline said that this would not be a problem at all.
on our arrival to the restaurant at 6pm we got greeted by very friendly and helpfull staff,then led to our table which had an amazing bouquet of flowers on it and a row of glittering hearts down the middle of the table.(by this time wife has tear in her eye )
wow what an amazing thing.
Then to top it off the meal was the best i have had in many years.
The service wine and food is out of this world.they deserve an award for this great place and service thankyou to Caroline and her wonderful team .

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Another fabulous night at this top provincial restaurant. Really enjoyed the new seasons menu. Attention to detail was amazing and the food looked and tasted superb. Love the extra touches such as the ever changing amuse bouché. It was a busy night but service remained at it's usual exceptionally high standard. Congratulations Caroline and Stephane on your 10th birthday at Marina!

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

What a thoroughly pleasant restaurant this is. The quality of the food is quite exceptional and the staff are friendly and efficient.. I live in Auckland and spend a good deal of time in Europe and I can truely say that the standard of food at The Marina surpasses much on offer elsewhere. The value for money is excellent, the hospitality outstanding with none of the pretence often found in restaurants of this caliber... well done Gisborne and The Marina..

1  Thank Basilbox
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Always a great meal. Stephan and his chef team always have a fabulous menu! And Caroline and her team are the consummate hosts. Our favourite in Gisborne!!!