“The worst food provider during our holiday in New Zealand”
Review of Romani Cafe

Romani Cafe
Ranked #537 of 2,451 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$13 - US$17
Reviewed 20 November 2017

What a lousy place. The window shows TripAdvisor recommendation/reward stickers. They are probably out of date, don't reflect the present status and for sure should be removed.
Menu, both outside and inside show lasagna. A well known Italian dish. When ordering, there is no lasagna. According to the waiter that has to be prepared in advance. What is new! Why is there no sticker on the menus to say that there is no lasagna?
Both the seafood pasta and pasta carbonara was served in a bowl with lots of water in it. The pasta carbonara was partly cold, partly luke warm with chunks of undefined meat in it. The seafood pasta was warm, but sour and caused stomach ache. Half hour later, back in the hotel, my wife was hanging over the toilet bowl vomiting.
In the present state, this cafe is not to be visited to consume food. Good reviews on this site are probably referring to previous owners? Also the TripAdvisor stickers should immediately be removed as they do not reflect the present situation. The only persons to visit this "cafe" are the food inspection authorities and TripAdvisor reps to remove the TripAdvisor stickers

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We picked up 2 pizzas that we found very bland, tasteless and below the standard one would expect from a cheap frozen supermarket pizza, yet cost $20each, sorry , we cannot recommend and couldn't eat.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I must say the team is great and they do provide a very pleasant ambiance and great service but their food is just not up to our taste. The vegetarian lasagna was extremely watery and so I couldn't eat even half. The pizza must've been slightly under cooked as the two other people that were with me, suffered a little bit of stomach pain the next day. I loved their tiramisu though, absolutely delish!

1  Thank VidhyaDR
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

It was a pleasure be there, excellent food and really good staff !! I ate chicken tomato pasta and it was delicious !!!
Thanks Maria and July !
Full recommended

1  Thank Camila R
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stopped in here for a quick bite to eat while staying in Auckland for a concert. We were meant to be going out to lunch later on but were starving so thought we could share a plate of pasta. We were delighted to discover that the woman manning the store had a thick Italian accent and thought we were in for a treat. Boy were we wrong...

I don't think there is a word strong enough for how disgusted and disappointed we were with what we were served. We ordered the chicken and tomato pasta (which I realise is NOT traditional, but we thought it would be tasty). What we were served was a disgrace and, as mentioned in my title, something I wouldn't even feed to my dog. The shredded chicken appeared to have been frozen and then not properly defrosted, resulting in chicken that tasted like it had been boiled in freezer juices; the "tomato sauce" was just a tin of tomatoes packed with salt - they even hadn't been reduced down so were 90% water and we got an 8th of a teaspoon of herbs slapped in the middle for presentation at the end; and the pasta was over cooked. We tried to eat as much as we could considering we paid $20 for the meal but neither my partner nor myself could stomach finishing it so we walked away with most of our plate still full. I am appalled by the food here and bewildered as to how they have so many good reviews. Will never eat here again.

1  Thank Mia B