“Good local Thai restaurant”

Royal Siam Thai Restaurant
Ranked #491 of 2,460 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2016

We only ate at this place because Nanam next door was full, but we were very pleasantly surprised. Really delicious salad and portion sizes are very generous. Wait staff was attentive, good experience overall.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I visited in July 2016 after over a decade away. A group of work colleagues and I were meeting for dinner and I recommended this place. I was delighted to be back and found the food to just as superb. My colleagues were very impressed too. The standard of service was excellent and we all left very satisfied with our meals. I am looking forward to revisiting in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Our group of friends, have shared birthdays and other notable occasions with the most wonderful treats from, Royal Siam Thai Restaurant. The retirement of, Sam, the ever obliging restaurateur with whom we cherish our friendship; we can proudly say the quality of food and service remains unchanged.
Royal Siam Thai Restaurant remains our choice of venue.

Thank Frederick Steph... R
Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

I took a walk from my motel to find some food after work. I ate next door to The Royal Siam at a Filipino restaurant last night and thought I would try Royal Siam for comparison.
Last night's meal got 5 stars. Tonight's did well with 4.
I tried a beef Larb. Onion, chilli, lime, coriander and mint are my favourite combination of flavours. The dish was only let down by the low quality beef mince. It tasted like the cheap stuff from the supermarket.
But I still recommend the Royal Siam
As a good place for a reasonably priced good meal in Royal Oak.

Reviewed 13 February 2016

Our friends, we stayed with, local Thai Restaurant and I could see why. About a dozen tables set in an old shop with the bar (BYO also) and kitchen at the back. A very friendly reception and a clean happy atmosphere.
A well rounded Thai menu with dishes from the various regions, suited and styled for the local taste. The sauce in a dish our friend ordered had all the ingredients of sweet, salt and sour and with hint hint of hot to her taste.
As my wife and I speak a little Thai we got a happy response from all who worked there.
Restroom are clean and tidy.
Overall, great food, friendly staff, good atmosphere, very good value. Highly recommend trying it if you can

1  Thank Gary M