“Can't believe I haven't been here before!”
Review of Mae Nam Khong

Mae Nam Khong
Ranked #457 of 2,459 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We decided to try this place, and boy we weren't disappointed. Heaps of parking near by, and the service was great. I had the curry puffs, which were some of the best i've ever had, and had the pad thai, which was so large I took some home. It was quite busy to dine in, and heaps of people were getting food to take away. The food was all delicious, and I can't recommend this place more! I think i've just found my local Thai food joint!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Located in Todd Street, this restaurant is easy to find with plenty of free car park spaces within the vicinity. Ordered the squid to start - which is okay but probably could have done without it. The roasted pork belly with vegetables and chicken green curry - these were very well flavoured and the portions were generous - with well cooked boiled rice. Overall experience was good apart from the uncomfortable chair.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

There is nothing outstanding about this place, but they cook good food and it is of good value. Recommend for a good place to visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We had dinner here on our first night back in Auckland and it did not disappoint. We had the panang and mango curry and they were some of the best curries I've ever had. The mango curry in particular was something I've never had before and it was really good. They made them both vegetarian for us, which it seemed like they could do with many of the menu items. They also gave you refills on rice which was a nice extra perk. I'd highly recommend eating here if you like Thai food.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

To me it was such a joy to find a restaurant that serves authentic food, as most Asian restaurants dish up an Anglicised version of their food which I find very distasteful. After all the idea of going to a foreign restaurant is to eat the food from that country, so it was a delight to eat authentic northern Thai food.
Another delight was that you felt like you new what you were ordering from the written description on the menu. Even though no photos on menu.
The other plus was the staff very friendly and knowledgeable.