“Stunning View..delicious fusion food and excellent service”

The Sugar Club Auckland
Ranked #16 of 2,359 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

We visited Suger Club to have a quiet and enjoyable dinner for two of us. We were very happy to dine here. It's on 53rd level of the tower .has veg and nonveg menus. A different kind of fusion food..the size of dishes is not very big but all their dishes were absolutely delicious...they hav set of three..four or more dishes that u need to order . So u hav to order minimum three.and take my word they r worth it.
Will definitely agian.
Prices are like any other 4 or 5 star fine dining restaurant in the world

2  Thank SSSHETH

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Best 'fun' place to go if you want an evening out with friends. Drinks, delicious food and views make this a special place to visit.

2  Thank 871lornam
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I have wanted to visit the Sugar Club for a while now but as other reviewers have mentioned you need to book well in advance to get a table at a suitable time.
We were politely greeted on arrival and shown straight to our table. We ordered cocktails which were beautiful and browsed the menu.
We felt that although our waiter was helpful he was overly attentive and we felt rushed to place our food order and our conversation was regularly interrupted which was a little annoying.
The food was lovely and it was nice to have a different wait person deliver each course and provide a brief commentary on what we had ordered.
The restaurant is very stylish.

2  Thank natz_travels
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We went here for my parents-in-law's wedding anniversary - we had to change our booking time from lunch to dinner the day before and the service was excellent - no dramas or fuss despite it being last minute and a change of time.

They moved a few tables around for us, let us have the lunch time special cost because we were seated before 6pm and the weather was perfect. Outstanding service, beautiful food - crayfish linguine was sooooooo good. Free parking passes. Best night out in ages. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ReneeLikes
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Having heard so much great things about the Sugar Club, my experience was sadly a disappointing one.
I have wanted to try this place for months but everytime I gather friends or family to go, the time online is always either too early of a seating at 5/5:30pm or too late of a seating 8/9pm... FINALLY, my friend booked waaaay in advance for me on my birthday as a surprise knowing that I have longed to try it out!
Upon arrival, all the staff by the door - including bar staff looked up and made eye contact. However NOONE smiled or greeted us or anything...........?!?!
We patiently waited for the maitre d to finish her conversation/ joke whatever with another staff, and dawdle over to greet us with a 'could care less' attitude and take us to our table. Maybe that was just her personality, maybe that was the idea to be relaxed but a smile goes a long way. As you can imagine this is a terrible start to our evening...
I think it made me more annoyed when I saw the maitre d greet and make light conversation, being all smiles with a couple who came in shortly after us, she even helped and offered to hang up their coats - no one hung up our coats!...
The food was nice, we ordered the degustation with pairing wines being my birthday, and I wanted to try all their goodies.
Note- The venison dish is extremely sour... So sour, Mother and I couldn't finish it. When noted to the waiter (he asked how things were when clearing that dish), he just smirked and said that was the idea.......... Maybe it was the idea, minus the extra tablespoon of lemon juice ?...
The environment and ambience was good, a little on the dark side but I guess that's so there is less reflection and glare to look out the window and admire the exceptional view.
The waiter did organise a nice birthday plate for me which I am very appreciative of, thank you.
All in all, maybe I was expecting too much after hearing all the great things from others.

2  Thank FoodServiceInspector
SKYCITY-Restaurants, Manager at The Sugar Club Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Hi there, thank you for making the time to provide us with feedback. We are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at The Sugar Club! Would you mind sending me an email with more information about when you dined with us? You can email: philip.stack@skycity.co.nz thank you so much. Philip, Restaurant Manager.