“Saturday morning breakfast”

Little Bird Organics and The Unbakery
Ranked #3 of 71 Dessert in Auckland Central
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A little birdie told us food should be three things:mostly raw, definitely organic and full of goodness. So here at little bird we do just that and with all that combined, the result is pure deliciousness. Why raw? Raw foods are in their purest state- no heating above 46'C. This ensures the food retains all its enzymes and nutrients and its life force, which means every bite contain more goodness for your body. Organic foods are grown without harmful chemicals. No chemicals in the food means no chemicals in your food or environment. Goodness, because food should be good for you, packed with all the nutrition you need to feel fabulous. Goodness tastes good too. We are completely gluten and dairy free and proudly serve plant based menus that suit anybody really as well as vegans, vegetarians and healthy minded people looking for an easy way to include more goodness and nutrition in their diet.
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Loved our first visit here! Staff were super friendly and helpful! I had the kimchi pancakes and my friend had the kumara and coconut pancakes (which were on the menu, but removed and were so popular they were brought back as a special) and we were both super full upon leaving! It was presented lovely and had so much taste!
It's a pretty cool place inside, the decor and environment.
We were there for 9.30am so was relatively quiet but it does get busy so if you got later be prepared to wait a little for a table. Worth noting that you can't book a table unless you have a table of 6 or more.
Definitely will be back to try more of the menu! :)

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We like to branch out and eat healthy occasionally and I am happy to try Vegan or vegetarian food (we often eat veggie at home) so the reviews of the Little Bird and an opportunity to eat a super healthy breakfast was too good to resist.
The place is cool and very trendy looking (they would likely be mortified at that description but that is the truth) and everyone there looks like a character from Portlandia (a good mix of hippies, trendies, hipsters, Instagrammers and actual vegans who are there for the food!). We ordered green juice (tasted of grass) and a soy latte ("sorry no soy will a flat white be OK?", "yes that's fine", "here is your black coffee!"). My wife ordered the Acai bowl (very nice but expensive) and i ordered the plant based omelette.
Now the cafe was full of people taking pictures of their food or talking loudly but that is anywhere that's 'cool' now but the things that bothered me was the service seemed a little off (one lady sat near to us was asked to move elsewhere to make way for a couple to sit at her table!!), very polite but off and the omelette was NOT nice (i hasten to add - in my opinion, i am sure others LOVE it) and left me feeling sick for the rest of the day.
Please remember this is a subjective review and i am sure you may like it but it wasn't for me and i am unlikely to return. Shame as i was looking forward to having a vegan place to call home!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Little Bird outdoes itself every time I come here! Food and service top notch, despite it being a very busy cafe. Delightful and beautifully presented organic food, sparking inspiration in ones own kitchen! A must visit.

1  Thank Sophie A
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My friend and I made a special trip up to Auckland to come to this cafe. The kitchen closes at 3 and we were cutting it close. We rung 11 times to make a phone order to get in before 3 and no answer. Arrived to the cafe 3:02 and was declined service for food. We could see them still making food in the kitchen. Appalling service. Would not recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this place, it’s my go to for breakfast when in Auckland for work! It’s not cheap but super tasty and healthy.