All reviewssky towerone bedroom apartmentviaduct basincentral locationqueen streetkitchen facilitieswould stay againauckland cityharbourdishwasherwharfroomymotorwayconcert
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This was an ok stay. The place was clean but kind of dingey (bad lighting). Many of the staff weren't very helpful or friendly, and seemed annoyed that I was there except for one person who was super professional and happy to help. The pool was not as nice as the photos, but was ok. Sauna only on from 5pm-10pm. For the price I think it was pretty standard. Kind of a mixed experience. Good place to stay if you're not going to be spending your whole trip stuck in your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2018

I went to Auckland for educational reasons (I had two exams to take). A very long trip from my home country, a lot of jet lag, and the hunger I felt when mid-way to the Hotel were piling up, and making me a mess.
When getting there, they set me up in matters of seconds. The room was ready, even tho I came in before 2pm, the reception was fast and effective to process my arrival, and gave me great infos to accomodate me (closest decent restaurants, closest convenience store etc). Just 30 seconds in the impeccably clean room, and I was on my way to were they recommended.
All in All, I was set in around 15-20 minutes, with food and groceries and back in the room. Quick bite of some great chinese food, a very relaxing bath, and I was off to bed.
More than decent continental breakfast the next morning, and i was set to start studying again.
When leaving for a walk/groceries, the room cleaners would make the room clean in a matter of minutes.
An amazing experience, that I will be sure to re-experience next time I am in town.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2018

It was good, nice and close to city center, staff were pleasant. Room was tidy and clean, however television services were well below average, reception of free view television was terrible and the lack of channels in my room was a concern.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Very central but had I known no bar and no cooked breakfast option ( continental only ) then I would not have stayed with my son . Add salt to the wound the breakfast cost $22 each . I should have been told this when booking-or maybe read reviews here first ! . The trip to Auckland and a function was to be a bit special . I was surprised at this basic accommodation/facilities when I had expected a good brand experience from Grand Chancellor

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Staying here for business during winter in one of the 1 bedroom apartments (4th floor).
First thing I should say is that the photographer who took the photos for the online description should win an award - she/he has made the room look at least twice as big as it actually is.
The "one-bedroom" part is a bit misleading - there is an alcove to one side of the living area with French doors that can close it off from the living area. This is the bedroom.
Overall the room is more-or-less clean, but there are a LOT of marks, scratches, gouges, dents in the walls, there are cracked tiles in the kitchen area. The paint desperately needs re-doing.
The lounge is very uncomfortable. The bed is not so bad - pillows are reasonably good.
Good water pressure in the shower, but I wouldn't envy anyone with a larger waist-line in the shower cubicle - tiny!
Air conditioning is pretty bad - need to turn it to maximum heat and fan speed to make the room bearable (it is very cold in Auckland at the moment). I normally am quite comfortable at about 18-20 degrees C, but struggle to stay warm in this room.
Chairs for the "dining" and "office" tables are VERY uncomfortable - extremely hard. A little bit of padding wouldn't go astray.
The TV is very small and mounted in an awkward position very high in a corner.
On the positive side - the fridge works well! So long as you don't accidentally turn it off - the power switch is in the same panel as the dishwasher, microwave and waste disposal (sink).
Check-in was OK - staff member was polite - only have had a 3 minute interaction.
Parking in the hotel is good, but expensive.
Room door does not automatically lock - need to check as you leave the room.
Location is GREAT for restaurants in the Viaduct area. I am also very pleased with the vehicular access to the western side of Auckland - Hobson Street more-or-less turns into the No 16 motorway heading west, and the traffic in the morning and night is very good.
Anyway, I have another 1.5 weeks in this hotel - maybe I will add something to this review?

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business