We stayed here 4 nights in one of the front rooms with a tiny terrace which was lovely. The room was simple, but clean and well equipped with a comfortable queen bed. The owners and staff are very helpful and friendly, and they serve a very nice full breakfast. The location in Ponsonby is excellent: lots of excellent restaurants and bars within easy walking distance, easy and short bus ride into dowtown/waterfront, and some nice local shops. We loved Prego for dinner (always crowded, but worth the wait). The back yard has a few tables and chairs where we enjoyed pre-dinner evening cocktails (they have an honour bar). They have lots of used guide books in the sitting room and all sorts of brochures that are available to use or take. They also have a discount taxi service to the airport. We felt very comfortable here and will definitely return when we next visit Auckland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a quiet, heritage, 1890's villa in the middle of cosmopolitan Auckland, just 2 minutes stroll to Ponsonby's vibrant cafes, restaurants and galleries. Fifteen minutes by eco bus, five minutes by taxi to the waterfront or a 30 minute amble through Ponsonby's interesting streets. Close to Eden Park, the Zoo and all main attractions. Qualmark 4 star+ and Enviro Gold. Breakfasts are legendary. They are cooked to order, not just left in your fridge the night before. This is a place to have fun & meet other guests.Free, unlimited wifi throughout hotel, ipod docks, all sky channels in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Great Ponsonby Arthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Hotel Auckland Central
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Auckland, New Zealand