All reviews the club lounge courtesy bus chocolate fountain spa area new zealand high tea fantastic hotel rain shower room upgrade buffet breakfast star hotel loved this hotel would highly recommend this hotel valet parking wonderful stay decent size comfortable bed
Reviewed 14 November 2018

stayed for conference. Rooms were spacious and clean. Well fitted out and looked like they have been touched up/maintained. Ate at the restaurant and has some drinks at the bar - good selection from bar and buffet breakfast very comprehensive. At the more expensive end of things - would stay again.
Parking is $45 per day.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank HaereereNoa
CordisAuckland, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage at Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay and that the drinks and food you have tasted have been to your liking. At Cordis Auckland we have the highest quality products to offer and for our guests to have the best experience.
Kind regards,
Ram Agrawal, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed 14 November 2018

Our check in was one of the most unpleasant I've ever experienced. Two children were screaming their heads off running around the reception area like it was some kind of play ground while their mother did nothing to stop them. The woman who attended to us was surly and unhelpful. When we asked about an upgrade due to status she abruptly told us 'we didn't have status' we showed her our card and she shrugged and said the hotel was 'full'. We know this was not the case.

The room was on level 4 (what a surprise) and near the road which was very very noisy, the air conditioning was also noisy. Tough luck if you don't like the heat.

Around 11pm doors on our floor started slamming, and for the next three hours doors were slamming every 15 minutes or so. It seemed that people who were at the hotel as a group were visiting each other. I telephoned the front desk three times to have someone try and speak to whoever was making the noise as by 1.30am I was so utterly fed up and tired. Eventually something was done but needless to say we did not sleep well and had to do a really important presentation the following day.

We received a note full of spelling mistakes and bad grammar to apologise for the noise with a request to speak to the Duty Manager which I did the next day. He kept me waiting which didn't impress me and he said he was 'sorry' and asked if there was anything he could do. Really? Such as what? I don't know what he expected me to say.

And no, Cordis a bottle of cheap wine and a few chocolates doesn't make up for a bad night's sleep, it really doesn't. People come to hotels to sleep and when people have status try and treat them with some regard, especially your unpleasant check in staff.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lucyboom
CordisAuckland, General Manager at Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments and we are very sorry for the disappointing check-in and the noise issues you experienced during your stay with us. It’s genuinely important to us that every guest enjoys a pleasant and relaxing stay and clearly on this occasion your visit was not the memorable experience it should have been. We would welcome the chance to speak with you and will be in touch shortly.
Kind regards,
Shane Jolly, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2018

We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary here recently during a 3 night stay.
The staff were extremely helpful and efficient and check in was fine.The public areas were beautifully decorated with plenty of seating.
Our room was great with all amenities and spotlessly clean.
Buffet breakfast was very good with a wide choice, including a chocolate fountain and loads of fresh fruit.
Situated a little distance away from the bay area and on a steep incline, the hotel operated a courtesy bus every 30 minutes to and from the waterfront.
Fantastic hotel we couldn't fault it.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhiljLichfield
CordisAuckland, Eight and IRD Manager at Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

We are happy that you have chosen us for such an important date for you. We always love creating special moments for our guests, so please be assured your sweet comments have been well received.
Thank you for your honest words about your experience at Eight restaurant, it’s always a favourite with guests.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cordis Auckland soon.
Best regards,
Mervin Devaraj, Eight and IRD Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2018

Entering the hotel after a 13 day Australia/New Zealand cruise, my 2 siblings and I were registered by an efficient, friendly and professional agent at the front desk. Apparently, we looked confused and were immediately greeted by Nicki, in hotel management. The service and care given us rivals my previous stays in the Ritz Carlton, Fairmont or Waldorf Astoria hotels. The accommodations were excellent, the restaurant perfect for our needs and the staff outstanding. Every facet of our stay, from drop off to pick up was seamless and I highly recommend the Cordis.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kath2745
CordisAuckland, Assistant Manager Eight & IRD at Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, along with Eight restaurant and all the fabulous facilities. We feel happy that you and your family have had a great time with us. Furthermore, we extend our sincerest gratitude for sharing such kind words about our team.
We want to thank you for choosing Cordis Auckland as your preferred choice of accommodation, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Klara Holzer, Assistant Manager Eight & IRD

Reviewed 10 November 2018

I booked to stay in the Cordis to attend a concert in Auckland.
I arrived at 1.30pm, very friendly greeting from staff member on arrival who kindly took my car to be parked. I checked in but my room was not ready and so the staff member at the front desk took my bags for me and said I'd get a text when the room was ready and my bags would be taken to the room.
I headed out for the afternoon and concert and got back to the hotel after midnight. Went up to my room and my bag wasn't there, also didn't receive the text about my room being ready. Called the service line and my bag was dropped off within 5 minutes and the porter apologised.
I was woken at 7.30am the following morning by a staff member loudly knocking and saying that they were there to pick my bags up. When I didn't immediately answer the door they opened it. Fortunately I had put the bolt on the door the night before. Turns out they had come to the wrong room. Luckily I had to be up early anyway otherwise I would have been upset being woken at that time on a weekend!
On checking out I told the front desk staff member about this and they apologised and very kindly said they wouldn't charge me for my valet parking.
Unfortunately my stay was too short to make the most of the hotel which was disappointing (but totally my own doing!) especially as the room was $400+. I would stay here again but would stay longer next time and book a spa visit as a friend said it was lovely. I did find the bed comfortable, the toiletries and tea/coffee supplies good quality and appreciated the blackout curtains. I find showers over baths very annoying so next time I would ask for a room with a normal shower.

Room tip: If you don't like showers over baths ask for a normal shower
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
CordisAuckland, Front Office Manager at Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Thank you very much for such an extended and honest review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Cordis Auckland. We have an outstanding qualified team which continuously work to provide the best service. We are glad that you found your bed comfortable and all the facilities useful.
We hope to see you very soon for a more extended stay with us.
Kind regards