“Delicious!!!!”

Ranked #95 of 2,455 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Middle Eastern inspired breakfast, lunch and a family-style sharing dinner. Cooking has always been the focus of my life, I've been a cook since my early teens. However when I left Israel to study in the UK, it really dawned on me just how important good food is - how great food can lift your spirit and make you happy, and bad food can bring you down. I came to NZ from Israel in late 1997 with two little girls and pregnant with the third. The food I love was very hard to find and I missed it terribly, and so I opened the Lunch Box. Ima is my second venture in Auckland. Ima (pronounced EE-Mah) means mother in Hebrew. My food is simple, honest, healthy and nurturing, like mum's food (providing she is a great cook). At Ima the atmosphere is warm and casual. At Ima the atmosphere is warm and casual, we hope our guests feel immediately comfortable and at home. We invite you to enjoy our food - made with love and the finest ingredients - we know it will make you happy! - Yael Shochat, Owner
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed with the food, service and decor. It may not be the cheapest food , but we really loved what was presented. We ordered the mezzo platter $45 which feed the four of us . I could have just had that. Everything popped with flavour and you could tell it was freshly made. Even the pita bread was spectacular.
We ordered the salads $13 per head , which were fantastic with some better than others. The chicken was very tasty and although the lamb was tender, it was extremely fatty with not a lot of actual meet. The haloumi was to ‘die for’ and a must order dish.
Truly a wonderful experience and must visit place. Also all the staff were exceptional. This is a family business and you can tell they love what they do.

1  Thank Loislovestravelling

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Interesting menu,with delicious food to share;also a really good wine list(I especially enjoyed the Obsidian from Waiheke)

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

The food here is extremely tasty and well prepared. It is my restaurant of choice In the CBD. The staff are friendly and food authentic. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

A warm and convivial atmosphere on a rainy Friday evening. The lamb was wonderful. Staff were friendly and efficient.

2  Thank VAH48
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Had this place recommended to me by a local publican - very impressed by the quality of the food, the warm atmosphere and the friendly service. Highly recommend.

1  Thank David E