“Excellent eggs Benedict”

Ravenhill Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #544 of 2,451 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Went to the Ravenhill for brunch. The Eggs Benedict was really good. Well cooked and tasty eggs and spinach.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Not the first time we have been here however this time we were very disappointed with the service.

We arrived at 2.50pm on a Saturday and almost walked on as it looked like they were packing up (the neighbouring cafe had 3pm closure on the sign) and Ravenhill had the chairs upside down on the tables in the front of the cafe. It was only that I noticed (as we had almost walked past) that their sign had a 4pm closure, They were also mopping the floor in the front area however there were other diners so we thought we would try our luck.

We ordered sweets and hot beverages and sat down at a table.

Our orders were brought through in good time and they were delicious, the hot drinks were very impressive and I dont say this lightly (I often don't order a hot drink as I am too often disappointed) and the coffee drinkers with me are quite particular however they also were happy with the drinks.

The issue we has was the clean mode carried on around us, including a bucket of dirty water taken from the kitchen to the front of the cafe to continue mopping the floor and a bunch a dishes taken from the front preparation area past us slopping water and other liquids out as they walked past our table. If we had been there after closing time we could have understood, this was our choice to stay but as we were there in their opening hours this was just not the nice cafe experience we were expecting :-(

We were by fare the last table to leave and in fact others arrived at the cafe after we did.

Overall we just felt like the staff didn't want us there and they just wanted to be able to leave on the dot of 4pm.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Excellent range of tasty brunch meals. Good quality coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Friendly speedy service. Dine inside or at the undercover perimeter tables.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Always consistently great.
Great coffee, great food, great people.

Well done!

We love going back and trying something new ..

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

We have often visited this cafe & been happy, but recently both the standard of service & food quality has deteriorated.

Today it was abysmal. After bringing the menu they didn't return to our table to take our order so I went to the counter. I ordered the calamari salad. When it eventually arrived I bit into a revolting mush with the texture of mashed potato & a taste of ammonia - The calamari was ROTTEN. I had to rush to the bathroom.........
I am a local & feel very embarrassed that overseas visitors may judge our neighbourhood by this establishment