“Good Italian Food”
Review of Amano

Amano
Ranked #32 of 2,451 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We visited Amano for Sunday lunch and although we did not have a booking, we were quickly shown to a table. I believe about half the restaurant is available for reservations and the rest for walk-up customers - obviously only possible in a large restaurant but also very convenient.
Our waiting person arrived promptly and took orders for drinks, and returned shortly to take our food orders. The food arrived promptly too and the pasta dishes we all ordered were delicious, especially the gnocchi, and were very generous in size. I struggled to finish my tagliatelle - as there was so much - a "complaint" one doesn't often have in Auckland restaurants.
While the food was excellent and the service very good, I do have one niggle. Why is it that in Italian and French restaurants in NZ, the waiting staff so often feel obliged to "correct" ones pronunciation of Italian and French words off the menu? My daughter who has lived in Italy for 5 years and is a fluent Italian speaker had ordered the gnocchi but was asked by the wait person if she wanted the NOKKY! I speak reasonable Italian but was asked if I wanted the taGliatelle, when I had ordered tagliatelle. If our pronunciation had been wrong or right,
it doesn't matter but there was no need to try "correct" it as that is rather rude. Perhaps restaurant owners should explain to their staff either how to pronounce "foreign" words correctly or at least to refrain from trying to correct their customers' pronunciation. I know this is a minor quibble but it is irritating and can tend to mar the whole dining experience.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Simply a great place to start your day. A bakery and sit down restaurant on Tyler St, Britomart area in central Auckland, this place absolutely oozes character together with offering great food.
We went on a Saturday morning and the place was heaving. Service, as a result, perhaps a little slow. But the quality of the breads, croissants and choice of cleverly designed egg dishes easily offset any issues here.
An absolute must to visit and enjoy when in Auckland.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Got in there thanks to Trip advisor. we were lucky to grab a table in just a few minutes. Staff is great, set up and decors as well. Lighting is perfect, music was really good. BUT on top of that the food was excellent. Rince it with the right riesling for Amisfield Otago, then a good red, and you the full recipe for a perfect night out at the restaurant. Thanks guys

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

After several months not seeing my mate we agreed to get together at Amano's. Totally unexpected size and atmosphere. I was very pleasantly impressed. The coffee came and finally a barista who understands Long Black!. Almond croissants with excellent service, two coffees each and fantastic conversation on a beautiful Auckland morning. Parking at Britomart car park next door made this an easy and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

It's not until you leave Auckland to live elsewhere that you realise just how good this Hospitality group is. We came here on a recommendation as we had a day in Auckland before a flight out and Britomart is easy to wander around. Our Lunch was fabulous and catered for the food intolerance members of our family..its was light fresh and full of flavour. We sat at the bar as there was a 40 min wait for low tables...it was friday and pumping with Business suits clearly a very popular spot. Recommend