“Birthday Lunch”

Sanehs Thai Restaurant
Ranked #280 of 2,451 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I took my mother for her 83rd Birthday Lunch which is cheaper than the Dinner menu. We've also been for Dinner, but Lunch is the better option, due to my mothers age as she likes to retire early in the evenings.

We always stay with her when we come down to Ellerslie, Auckland.

The food is great and freshly prepared and cooked. The day we went we didn't have a reservation, but after a 5 minute wait we were quickly seated. The restaurant was surprisingly full for lunch, but I suppose because of its popularity, and the fact that it has only been open for just under a year, it also attracts the office workers in the area and the occasional tourist, neighbours who live close by.

My mother who tends to eat like a sparrow had the mixed entree of Spring Roll, Curry Puff, Gai Satay & Money Bag (1 of each). $5.00. For her main she had Kao Pad Ka Praw. I had Kao Pad Prik Pao $13.50 - $15.50 dependent on the type of meat chosen. My mother took the rest of her meal home in a "doggy bag". Both meals were very tasty and well presented. The staff are traditionally dressed, very friendly and most welcoming.

The menu is quite extensive for a small restaurant, and because of that I look forward to trying out quite a few of the other meals on offer.

This will now be our "go to" place whenever we are in Ellerslie.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I was invited to a birthday gathering of 10 friends.
i had no previous experience of this restaurant before I was taken there.
I was most pleasurably surprised at the authenticity of Thai presented throughout the evening.
I have been to Thailand many times and always loved the food there.
i was so pleased with the taste- cost- friendliness and overall welcome extended to our group.
I recommend it to anyone who enjoys Thai food with its recognizable flavours and aromas.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Went to Sanehs again the other day. As usual delicious and good value for money. The Yum Tofu is exactly that and has more veggie than most places usually give you. The Tom Kha is another fantastic dish. It has a little more lime than most other places but that's good with me.

I usually get medium heat and I'd say it's about right for Thai medium. If you don't like chilli then get the mild.

Service is very good but good can take a little while if they are busy.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Saneh's really is a great asset to the Ellerslie dining scene. Great food at a great price and well worth the visit. We got takeaways for a 'date' lunch and were not disappointed. We chose Drunken Noodles with chicken and Gang Ped Yang, a red coconut curry with duck. Both were delicious. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Great Thai restaurant in the main shopping centre.Visited three times so far. This time tried the beef Pad Thai and the Spaghetti Tom Ga. Both tasty filling dishes at very reasonable prices. Pleasant setting. Recommended.