“Authentic Italian ”

Maruzzella Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 1,432 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

We had the sharing Maruzella platter. It was delicious and soooo much that we couldn't finish it.
Would recommend the Arancini, it's my personal favourite Sicilian dish (a battered rice and mozzarella ball).

1  Thank sannego
Francesco L, Manager at Maruzzella Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Thank you very much dear.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

Dinner with a group of friends on Sat night, most of them Italian. We had reserved and the place was packed - think "sardines". We had to play musical chairs to fit everyone in sort of comfortably, into the tiny alcove allotted to us. Tables are small cafe style and we had 2 pushed together - one was wobbly. Decor is up market with a rustic Calabrese touch- stonework etc. Service a bit sluggish due to full house I imagine and we had to call the waitress over several times. There was zero room for waitresses to move around our tables, so glasses, napkins, cutlery, food etc was handed over/between us. Annoying for the boys on the end I imagine. Food however was great! THE best wood fired pizza and the buffalo mozzarella a big winner! Mixed reaction to the non standard arancini - pesto/mushroom but no cheesy, tomato centre but still yum, fish over seasoned, gnocchi melt in the mouth amazing and the hand made agnolotti a stand out! Coffee a little bitter but in all, great food. BYO and worked out about $50-60 per head. Recommend this restaurant for couples but not groups over 4 people. Being squashed into an extremely tight alcove definitely diminished our enjoyment of the evening and I doubt my Italian friends will return despite the food.

Francesco L, Manager at Maruzzella Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Good evening Miss Julie , first of all thank you very much for your review, we do really appreciate your comment, but I must say something , I know our place is getting busy and busy , that why we produce very good food , in the matter of packed it is over weekend, I do remember you , and when you call in to make a reservation at last minute we mention to you the only table left was a bit thigh , but you said wouldn't be any problem , unfortunately we couldn't do better but I will promise next time you book early I will give you better table .
in the mean time have a good day ciao

Reviewed 15 September 2016

We were staying nearby and went to Maruzzella based on reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The four cheese pizza was one of the best I have ever eaten. Would certainly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

We have been a few times at Maruzzella and consistently have been pleased with the service - staff aims to please - and the tastiness of the food. Excellent tagliatelle Mar y Monte, and pizzas. Will go back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

The place to go for a decent italian meal without any frills. Service is friendly. BYO. Recommended for a relaxed dinner.