“Great Italian restaurant - BYO”
Review of The Empire

The Empire
Ranked #288 of 1,434 Restaurants in Perth
Description: Welcome to our restaurant! It's a family run business that originally comes from Rome with a big passion for traditional roman pizzas and homemade pasta. Our menu is inspired from dishes all over Italy and with a couple of hint of our chefs creativity. We invite you to come and taste our first quality products in our cosy indoors al fresco area.
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

From the moment you enter this restaurant you can sense 'ownership' from all of the staff, which is not common in many restaurants that we have visited in WA. We were asked several times if our food was OK, something that never happens in some restaurants. The menu is as expected in an Italian restaurant and we shared Penne Arribiata for a starter and a pizza each for main. We could have shared the pizza as they were also a good sized portion. The pizza was light and very tasty and the pasta excellent. We chose from the specials mid week menu which was very good value. Deserts looked delicious but we were full by that time. The restaurant is BYO but there is a bottle shop next door so you don't have to take a bottle with you on a night out. Excellent restaurant and we will be back.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I went there with my friends after a few recommendations. The staff welcome us warmly and invited us to sit. As soon as I read the menu I knew I was in the right place. Lovely Italian food, we had Ravioli with Porcini, seafood risotto and pizza The Empire. Everything was excellent, pizza very light and tasty, risotto was perfect and the ravioli were to die for!! The atmosphere was lovely, I felt like I was back home in Italy, the staff was very friendly and prepared. I will definitely come back!

Reviewed 16 December 2016

We arrived early and received the best service from friendly staff. The gnocchi was the best I have ever had, seriously. It was light and fluffy and the sauce as delicate and tasty. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Recently we attended a concert at the Astor theatre in Mt Lawley, choosing to find somewhere to eat along our walk to the theatre, how fortunate were we to have chosen this lovely restaurant, we were greeted and seated immediately by our host, offered water and menu's,we were limited for time due to the show and enquired as to the length of wait for meals ,no problem what so ever, they were served in no time at all and absolutely delicious, very traditional Italian Pizza, and the Pasta was "Buonissimo !!" From what we saw of other patrons meals they all looked delicious ,so much so that even though we live in Rockingham ,I would happily travel up to Mt Lawley again just to dine in this lovely Restaurant again,and again,

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Caught up with friends here and was pleasantly surprised, never heard of it until a week before and the food ambiance was very good.
Definitely will return here again.