“Best Pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Subiaco
Reviewed 6 January 2015

Had lunch there and tried the pizza based on recommendations. Great wood fired pizza and huge portions. Others in my party had pasta and they raved about it as well. I think pasta is a must do for the next time. They've got patio seating, but not a huge one.

Reviewed 20 December 2014

We tried Funtastico at random on a visit to Perth many years ago and enjoyed a superb, relaxed lunch with delicious wood fired pizzas, excellent wines and quality service. Funtastico is now a must for lunch whenever we return to the West and we have never been disappointed.

The pizzas are brilliant, but on a visit in 2013 I decided to order the spaghetti carbonara (my stand by dish when visiting any unknown cafe in Rome) and I was delighted by the superb al dente pasta, generous serving of quality pancetta, and the perfectly prepared asparagus.

On a recent visit to Perth this December, it was naturally a must to visit Funtastico for lunch (after exploring the bookstores along Rokeby Road and then having coffee and cake at Sonny's Cafe before picking up some sweet treats at Chokeby Road for home) and we were again delighted with the superb cusine. Most of our party opted for pizza: the Luisa ($25) with pancetta, sausage, bacon and spanish onion; and the vegitarian Bella Capri ($25).

I again opted for pasta and ordered the Gnocchi al ragu ($29). The bar is set high for me with gnocchi having sampled the best ever, prepared by the traditional "Italian Mamma", a family friend who hails from the north of the Italian peninsula. I have to say the gnocchi from Funtastico was superlative - light, fluffy and delicate - certainly equalling the best I have tried, and superior to other offerings I have sampled in Rome and Florence. It was let down by a rather basic and dry ragu - insufficient sauce and indifferent beef, but the chef certainly knows how to prepare pasta. Another wonderful lunch at Funtastico accompanied by a fine Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc ($57).

Reviewed 11 November 2014

Great Pizza Here, Guys

The meat lover one, hit the spot we got them fast on the table
cold beer and happy staff

Perfecto
Thanks

Reviewed 6 September 2014

Ate here after a sporting event. Drinks took a while but the waitress was very good following up and very friendly. Ordered the spaghetti marinara which was excellent, friends ordered pizza which looked awesome. Restaurant was quite noisy and bathrooms were a bit messy. A delicious meal with good service.

1  Thank Yakky10
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great meals with plenty of choices good service and nice decor would recommend for couples or family's