“Wonderful authentic Italian service, beautiful food and great value, our East Perth favourite.”
Review of Antico Cafe

Antico Cafe
Ranked #433 of 1,432 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Perth
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I have been to Antico's a number of times and it never disappoints, one particular stand out time which I believe was our first visit to this authentic Italian East Perth restaurant, secured Antico as one of favourite restaurants in Perth.

My partner and I had been working one Saturday and had been too busy to eat for the best part of the day, so it's safe to say we were STARVING. We decided to go to Antico's as we had recently moved to the East Perth area and wanted to check those restaurants out that were walking distance from our apartment. Upon walking in the smell of fresh pizza from the wood fired pizza ovens draws you in and you feel immersed in the Italian feel of the restaurant. We were greeted by the most friendly Italian man (who terribly, as it was some time ago now, I do not remember the name of) who made our whole experience all the more fantastic! From start to finish his waiting service was second to none, making recommendations on both food and wine, as well as being especially accommodating for me as being fussy I wanted to change a few things about my meal. All this he did with a smile and his charming Italian accent.

We had chorizo and marinated feta for an appetiser and it was to die for, I then went for a seafood plate with fresh vegetables whilst my boyfriend had the steak, my plate consisted of tiger prawns, seared scallops, chilli mussels, calamari and fish of the day fillet (which I believe on this day was barramundi) every single piece of seafood was delicious, and beautifully fresh, and the accompanying pile of fresh green veggies was just what I was after. Washed down with a bottle (or 2) of wonderful red wine we were two very happy, full, slightly tipsy bunnies by the end of our meal!

As well as the amazing food and service, this place is serious value for money. We were shocked at the price and would have been happy to pay a lot more. For anyone who loves Italian food this place is a must-try, but with the huge choice of dishes on the menu I think just about anyone would love Antico Café.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Stayed at the Sebel with work colleagues and needed a quick meal after arriving late. Wasn't expecting much, but was really surprised with the quality of the food and the house wine! Service was a little under par and I'm not sure how it would go when busy, but certainly won't complain about our visit. Do try.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Awesome food, awesome service, highly recommend for fantastic food and open wood fire pizza smell to salivate your mind while you make your mind up on the plentiful authentic Italian menu! Many thanks to Claudia and the team..

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

It was a linguine dish with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce. Fantastic. I'll now have to embark on a quest to find its equivalent a little closer to home.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I was going to rate this place 3 stars, but then I remembered we were there on a Monday, so I was probably being unreasonable!
Ok.... My partner and I were welcomed immediately and the service continued to be great.
The food started out very poorly with a garlic bread that was burnt on the outside, chewy and cold on the inside, and had hardly any garlic flavour at all.
We were both disappointed at this stage, but the Sant Angelo pizza and Insalata Di Gamberi soon made up for the poor entree.
We shared the mains and both agreed they were as good as we could expect.
The intense lack of atmosphere may have been a Monday thing, but the lights were too bright, the music was too quiet, and the place almost echoed.
Great drinks list and most drinks and food are reasonably priced (although some of the specials may have been reprinted from the Perth mining boom era $$$$)
Overall, nice bright place which probably gets packed on weekends. I'd come back with the kids but wouldn't go here for a romantic date.