“Great noodles, wontons and BBQ pork”
Review of Noodle Forum

Noodle Forum
Ranked #150 of 1,513 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Description: Noodle Forum was born from a passion to create traditional handmade noodles that are fresh and full of flavour that everyone can enjoy. Mien or Noodles have evolved and diversified over thousands of years. From its small beginnings as a humble noodle, it is now one of the most prized delicacies in China - with the art of noodle making a highly regarded skill. Considered the most exquisite of all noodles in Southern China, the bamboo kneaded noodle (or thin egg noodle) is a favourite in Guangzhou, Hong Kong and throughout South East Asia. Traditionally, this style of noodle is produced by kneading the dough using a thick bamboo pole, giving the noodles their signature smooth texture and unmistakably refreshing 'bite'. Using traditional methods and local West Australian produce, our menu is a combination of recipes that have been handed down through generations as well as some modern creations of old world dishes. We are proud to serve our beautiful noodles to you with quality local, free range produce such as Exmouth prawns, Borrello Beef and locally caught fish. At Noodle Forum we make all of our noodles fresh every day, as it has been done through generations of noodle makers in our family. You can see this noodle making in action at our flagship Hay Street restaurant, where our Noodle Master Erich Wong does his work behind the glass viewing area. We hope you enjoy eating our noodles as much as we love making them for you.
Reviewed 17 June 2015

Hand made bamboo noodles. Great texture and fresh. I've tried most of the menu and they're all pretty good! The dry noodle with BBQ pork was my favourite. Add a side bowl just of wontons too! Dip them in the red vinegar - delicious :D

2  Thank Obihara

Reviewed 12 June 2015

I went based on the great reviews but was disappointed. The food arrived quickly and was cheap. The noodles themselves were very good but the laksa broth was far too sweet (I couldn't eat it) it wasn't at all balanced. There was not much in the way other ingredients only 2 prawns, few pieces of chicken and bean sprouts.

Reviewed 12 June 2015 via mobile

My absolute favorite noodle place! Every time I dine here, the food quality is consistent and taste is great!
Again I forgot to take pictures because of being too eager to tuck in!
Today we had the mince pork noodles accompanied with 2 serves of fried dumplings.
The noodle texture was smooth, springy and light, signature of the flour being kneaded by consistent pressure from the bamboo.
I took home 3 packs of raw noodles for making my home-made delights - my weekend is set!!
Thank you Master Wong and Ian for bringing this wonderful noodle-making method to Perth. Our Malaysian tummies are very satisfied!

1  Thank Lynn T
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Home made noodle couldn't get any better than this!. You could even saw how it made via the glass window next door.

Its a small premises, with high tables and bar stools so a little bit tricky with small children. Loving the interior theme of olden days home made noodle and markets.

Taste wise? Bloddy good!!! Very tasty, good portion and cheap!
My fav were crispy chicken noodle, pork noodle, wonton noodle (dry style), bbq pork noodle and laksa was tasty too. Actually all of noodle on the menu were simply delicious. Happy tummy every time!

Take away available in a cute and fancy take away container.

2  Thank LizNmArK
Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

Found this little place and thought to try it. Don't get me wrong....but....cheap, noodles in a plastic throw away bowl with very little additives is not my style of eating. Been to better. Looked cheap and nasty in furniture too. Popup style??? Sorry, not for me!!! Not at my age.