“Next Time For Sure”

Funcats Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Funcats is one of Perth’s iconic must do activities and one of the few places in the world where you can sail directly in front of a major city. With no experience necessary, there is no better way to enjoy our picturesque city than a relaxing sail on the beautiful Swan River. The fleet includes 40 catamarans, stand up paddleboards and kayaks. Catch the ferry across to South Perth and walk along the foreshore for eight minutes. No bookings required and a free lesson is included for those who haven’t sailed or paddled before. Please be aware that Funcats closes for the winter months
Reviewed 1 November 2017

On our last day in Perth we had some time to kill and hopped on the ferry to the south shore where we came across FunCats Watersports. We've given this a five star review even though we didn't actually get a chance to experience the watersports as we didn't have time but the people were friendly, knowledgeable and the cat sailers and paddle boards all looked in good condition.
We didn't come across any literature/advertising in the hotel or anywhere else and feel that we missed a great experience opportunity which we will definitely do next time.
Get your leaflets out there, you are missing passing trade from the hotels I am sure.

Funcats, Owner at Funcats Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thanks for reviewing our business Richard. I’m sorry you didn’t have a chance to head out on the river on your visit to Perth. We have taken your feedback onboard in relation to promoting ourselves. Currently we advertise in the Hello Perth magazine which is available all over Perth at tourist locations. Next season we will be heading towards a full page in the magazine. We have just started advertising on television as well, so hopefully people like you and your family don’t miss out on the chance to have a day on the river. Thanks again!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"blast"
"foreshore"

Reviewed 22 October 2017

great fun and quite affordable as well. The operators are very friendly and accommodating in terms of getting started and going out of their way to help.

We tried the Hobie Catamarans but will definitely go back and try the SUPs.

Funcats, Owner at Funcats Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and for choosing to go sailing with us! We hope you can come for a paddle sometime as well. Remember with the SUPs you don’t want it to be too windy!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I visited with 2 friends today and we all really enjoyed ourselves. For $20 each we hired a paddle board and the staff were very helpful in assisting us out onto the water. They couldn't have been nicer and went to a great effort to get pictures of the three of us in front of Perths foreshore standing on our paddle boards. The weather was lovely and it was a really relaxing fun hour. There were lots of families and children around and there were catamarans and kayaks also available for rent. Only advice I would give is to bring cash as they do not have EFTPOS available. A great day out overall!!

Funcats, Owner at Funcats Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thanks for the wonderful review Rebecca. It was really nice to have you and your friends down for a paddle. We realise it can be a pain for our guests by not offering an EFTPOS facility...we have thought long and hard about introducing it but the logistics of this service on our really busy days is the only reason we have held back (for now at least!). I'm pretty sure it was Lisa who took the photos for you, we'll let her know you left a lovely review. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I had an awesome sunny afternoon on the river we hired the twin sail catamaran and had heaps of fun hooning up and down the river, you can really get some speed up, I loved it and before we leave WA we are want to do it again! Excellent value for money a fun afternoon event I now want to buy a sail boat

Thanks for the great review Rebecca. I recall you and your husband coming down for a sail and I'm delighted you had a good time. We love seeing people enjoy the boats and our beautiful Swan River!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I liked this place and was sailing 4x in my holiday week in Perth. You can sail with a steady wind with fantastic views to the skyline of Perth and the Kings Park.
The staff of Funcat was really friendly and helpful (especially the woman - I forgot her name :-)
The renting was quick and easygoing.
Thanks - I definitely come back!

Thanks for the fantastic review. We are very lucky having staff who love helping people enjoy their day out on the water. The lady in the office is Jane, she does a great job of keeping Funcats running (mostly!) smoothly and looking after everyone's gear.